• Guillen: Swisher Was A “Very Horse(bleep) Player For Me”

Posted by on May 2nd, 2010 · Comments (7)

The Ozzie and Swishalicious Show is still looking for a happy ending. Via the Chicago Tribune -

The White Sox expected bigger things from Nick Swisher in 2008, when they traded three young players for him.

Swisher was dealt to the Yankees before the following season after batting .219 and not having a true position available for him.

The Sox were well-aware of Swisher’s outgoing nature that could be viewed as being self-absorbed, especially after one incident in which he showed his bobblehead doll to his teammates in the clubhouse.

Sox manager Ozzie Guillen took note of Swisher pumping his right arm after hitting a two-run home run in the sixth inning that put the New York Yankees ahead. But the Sox rallied for a 7-6 win, and Guillen had a quick answer when asked about Swisher’s gesture.

“That’s the way he is,” Guillen said. “Good for him. Enjoy it. I wish he could do it for me, he was a very horse(bleep) player for me.”

Maybe “Horse(bleep) Player” is big league manager code for “low BABIP“?

Comments on Guillen: Swisher Was A “Very Horse(bleep) Player For Me”

1. MJ Recanati
      May 2nd, 2010 | 8:37 am

Classless as ever, Guillen is. Fortunately for him, he works for a owner that doesn’t mind the negative attention his manager brings every time he opens his mouth.

2. 77yankees
      May 2nd, 2010 | 8:59 am

I guess Odd-zie’s son was also a horse(bleep) employee for him also – no?

3. Corey Italiano
      May 2nd, 2010 | 11:12 am

Ok, you can’t cite BaBIP whenever ya want. Austin Jackson had a rediculously high BaBIP and it didn’t phase ya.

Then again, you’re defending Swisher so perhaps I should let it slide ;)

4. Evan3457
      May 2nd, 2010 | 12:54 pm

That’s very interesting as Ozzie is as horse manure manager protected by two things.

The first is that he rode 4 good starters and a lot of HRs to a title in 2005. His teams have underachieved before and since, including last season.

The second reason I will not mention. My name is not Beezelbub.

5. mondoas
      May 2nd, 2010 | 9:50 pm

I could care less what Ozzie has to say b/c I am a fan of Swisher especially b/c he is a part of the group that helped get the “Bigelow Tea Vapors” out of the locker room. It doesn’t stink anymore like it use too and how I bet it does in LA today!

6. MJ Recanati
      May 3rd, 2010 | 6:35 am

mondoas wrote:

That’s too funny! Incidentally, I agree with this. Swisher has done a lot to blend in and make the Yanks a fun team to root for.

7. butchie22
      May 3rd, 2010 | 7:40 am

Swisher Sweet was a Horsehit player for him. Case closed! He wasn’t very good there.Ozzy is a madman no doubt however he is an entertaining one. I appreciated that bloody dose of reality instead of the hype I hear from certain quarters in NYC about some players. As nutty as Ozzy was, he was spot on about Javy Mr Second Half all Star as well.I’m glad that he pointed out that he is soft, a very apropos comment for a mentally weak player. In addition, his comment about Arod playing for the Dominican was priceless.He also made a comment on the Cubsters that was positively spot on as to their lack of winning.He’s the enfant terrible of baseball managers for sure BUT he’s amusing and livens up things a bit no matter how off the wall he is.

@ Evan, Ozzie won their first World Series in how many years? My ex-girlfriend used to live in Chicago and we don’t realize living in the Northeast what kind of event that was. The ugly red headed stepchild of Chicago sports finally won BEFORE the beloved Cubbies. The title gave him a similar status to when Terry Francona won the world Series in 2004 for the Red Sox. You can spin it all you like BUT Ozzy managed good enough for that one season to win it all.And they’ve made the playoffs again under his watch despite not having those 4 same pitchers to boot.