• Josh Beckett Gets Yet Another Pass

Posted by on May 19th, 2010 · Comments (11)

For those who missed it, this occurred during last nights game against the Red Sox, in the bottom of the 2nd inning. There were runners on first and second, none out with Cervelli up to bat. Beckett deliberatly waited in the set position (trying to throw off the runners timing) for a long time and Cervelli called for and received time from the umpire. No big deal, right? This is almost the same set of events that ticked Beckett off on May 7th. Beckett then proceeded to start walking toward the batters box with his arms stretched out at either side barking at Cervelli. Now, either Beckett was doing his best Bret “The Hitman” Hart impression, or he was telling Cervelli something along the lines of get your butt in the box before I nail ya with a pitch. I thought Beckett was going to throw at him then and there, but he didn’t. Cervelli ended up grounding out, and on his way back to the dug out yelled a few choice words at Beckett that was caught on the YES camera.

Comments on Josh Beckett Gets Yet Another Pass

1. edbean
      May 19th, 2010 | 4:13 pm

You are the biggest tool of a writer I have ever had the displeasure of reading. He said something and then moved his jaw around like he got hit. Beckett mocked him as he is yet another pretty boy yankee. You show a deep lack of respect for yourself by being such a one sided tool. Have a great day!

2. G.I. Joey
      May 19th, 2010 | 4:39 pm

@ edbean:
      Your comment is nonsense and b/c of that I’m going to save Corey the trouble of responding to it. Even the commentators of the game suspected that Beckett was frustrated with Cevelli stepping out of the batters box. However, even if you are right and he was mocking Cervelli, that only proves Corey’s point that Beckett is an embarassment. Pitchers with his skill set shouldn’t need to mock other players with hand gestures and comments, but rather with perfectly executed pitches.

3. Evan3457
      May 19th, 2010 | 5:16 pm

edbean wrote:

Irony.

4. 77yankees
      May 19th, 2010 | 7:01 pm

edbean wrote:

Red Sox Troll Alert!!!!

Or embittered Met fan disguised as Red Sox Troll Alert!!!

5. edbean
      May 19th, 2010 | 9:29 pm

G.I Joey, you’re obviously brilliant, but there is something you’re missing here. The mocking was because he moved is mouth after extravagantly twirling to the ground as if he got hit by the pitch. Beckett, being a skilled baseball player realized his acting and called him on it. What else do you expect with a 3-2 count and a hitter without skill. Oh and if you noticed hes on the DL list for a lower back strain, obviously he wasnt performing to his potential.

evan, you probably still live with your mommy. Im glad you wasted precious seconds of your life reading what I wrote, it makes me feel even, considering the vast amount of time ive wasted here.

77, YANKEES TROLL ALERT!!!!! I mean hell, its in your name. How could you even make one single unbiased sentence. And if I were a met fan I would have killed myself in shame years ago.

Yankees suck.

6. 77yankees
      May 19th, 2010 | 9:50 pm

edbean wrote:

considering the vast amount of time ive wasted here.

LOL – nobody’s making you visit a Yankees blog for Yankee fans.

edbean wrote:

Yankees suck.

Wow, such creative brilliance!! Keep on shoveling, Babe.

7. edbean
      May 20th, 2010 | 1:27 am

And yet I was linked here by a redsox fan feeder link via fb. I guess sometimes, you just have to go to the other side to see what kind of hilarity they are weeping out of their vaginas.

8. May 20th, 2010 | 7:05 am

@ edbean:
      You’re new here. So, I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. Please read our Community Standards for posting here:

If you continue to name call and the like, you will lose your ability to post comments at this blog.

9. edbean
      May 20th, 2010 | 5:16 pm

Understood and I appreciate the warning, however I dont understand how the writer of this article is still a member considering he said…

“For the second start in a row, Josh Beckett not only embarrassed his teammates, but he has embarrassed the game.

A-Rod ran across the mound and it’s a national story. Beckett continuously shows a lack of respect toward his opponents and the game and it’s not even mentioned locally. Will it take Cervelli getting nailed before someone says something?”

If thats not a cluster of name calling, slander, and just plain biased sh*t talking then I dont know what is.

obviously this is yankee territory, if you were on the sox page im sure there are articles saying how stupid your team mate was and bla bla bla. I made a comment saying the writer of this article is a moron and then got 10 replies from other people trash talking me. So whos to blame here? Besides the sox fan…

Thanks.

10. Corey Italiano
      May 20th, 2010 | 9:01 pm

If you’re looking for a reaction edbean, you’re barking up the wrong tree. I could care less about what you think…if you don’t like what I write, then don’t read it.

I appreciate the backing though guys, but really his words speak for themselves.

11. edbean
      May 21st, 2010 | 12:50 am

Im not looking for anything, just pointing out how much I enjoy your outstanding writing skills. They gave me a good chuckle.