• May 2010 Survey Question #2

Posted by on May 19th, 2010 · Comments (7)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:101}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section.

Comments on May 2010 Survey Question #2

1. Corey Italiano
      May 19th, 2010 | 11:39 am

Odd arrangement of the letters :P I guess you picked B+ then, Steve?

2. Jake1
      May 19th, 2010 | 12:00 pm

Picked a C+

the record is solid but other than the great starting pitching what has been so good? Cano and Gardner? Ok.

The pen is a disaster. The injuries have hurt but we all knew they were down a bat after losing Damon/Matsui. But you cant have Winn and Thames playing daily.

All the newcomers have totally bombed. Jeter looks old at the plate.

And Girardi has been uneven with his moves.

They need to right that pen and get everyone healthy.

3. Corey Italiano
      May 19th, 2010 | 12:56 pm

@ Jake1:
      C+ would indicate that they have major work to do right…let’s not forget that they have the 2nd best record in the major leagues.

I gave ‘em a B+, not much room for improvement but there certainly COULD be.

4. May 19th, 2010 | 2:14 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

Odd arrangement of the letters I guess you picked B+ then, Steve?

Actually, when you see the ballot for the first time, it’s sorta by the vote totals (already in). When I set the ballot up, I had it going from A+ to F, in order.

5. MJ Recanati
      May 19th, 2010 | 3:08 pm

I gave the club a solid B. Plenty of things to be proud of (Hughes’s development, CC/AJ/Pettitte pitching like aces, Cano embracing the 5-hole, Frankie doing a great job backing up Jorge) but not perfect (Javy, INF/OF depth, injuries, the atrocious bullpen so far, Jeter/Teixeira still in spring training).

Nothing wrong with a B for the first quarter of the year. I’ll take that every time.

6. Corey Italiano
      May 19th, 2010 | 3:17 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

I’ll take 2nd best record in baseball anytime, as well.

7. redbug
      May 19th, 2010 | 6:39 pm

I gave them a B. I agree w/ MJ, “Hughes’s development, CC/AJ/Pettitte pitching like aces, Cano embracing the 5-hole, Frankie doing a great job backing up Jorge) but not perfect (Javy, INF/OF depth, injuries, the atrocious bullpen so far, Jeter/Teixeira still in spring training)”

I’m still trying to figure out why Cashman thought Johnson would be better than Damon. I know Damon asked too much but he was given an hour (or so) to take or leave an offer or the Yanks would take Johnson. What’s he going to say in that situation?

Johnson has been a total waste of money. For a couple of million more, damon would have the Yanks w/ the best record in baseball.