• May 26th @ The Twins

Posted by on May 26th, 2010 · Comments (7)

A doubleheader, but not really.

Yanks win the first game 1-0 to complete last night’s suspended affair in exciting fashion…and then come back a couple of hours later with a go-ahead run in the 9th inning to take the second game 3-2.

I’ve been disgusted with the Yanks this past week so I’m easing back into the season with this very short missive.  Use it to talk about the pseudo-doubleheader or use it to talk about how Teixeira stinks in 2010 or how A-Rod’s defense has slipped over the past week.  Or, by all means, use it to gloat that the Yanks just own the Twins for some reason or another.

In any case, I’ll take a two-game winning streak. It sure beats the garbage this group of 25 put out there last week.

Cheers.

Comments on May 26th @ The Twins

1. clintfsu813
      May 27th, 2010 | 8:39 am

It was great to get a few wins on primarily good pitching while our Offense is struggling as a whole. We struggled as a team last year at times too. Maybe its time for Cash to hold court in Minny like he did in ATL last year. (I was at that game BTW…where’s my props?)

2. YankCrank
      May 27th, 2010 | 9:11 am

Thank you, Nick Swisher.

3. Corey Italiano
      May 27th, 2010 | 9:17 am

You could also thank Jeter.

4. Jake1
      May 27th, 2010 | 10:22 am

pointing out the obvious. the offense is struggling. never doubt what posada means to a lineup. and grandy will be a nice lift

i think its clear that having gardner hit in the bottom part is the best move. he can actually run if he gets on there unlike hitting in front of 3-4

5. GDH
      May 27th, 2010 | 4:46 pm

Understandable that they skid with a few key injuries in place. To be just a few games out after that is okay with me. This will be a long and grueling fight in the AL East if Boston and Tampa play the way they have. Could very well come down to an overall health issue, which does not necessarily favor our boys.

6. Evan3457
      May 27th, 2010 | 6:43 pm

Jeez, lighten up, Francis.

7. MJ Recanati
      May 27th, 2010 | 9:43 pm

Evan3457 wrote:

Jeez, lighten up, Francis.

Most overused quote from a movie. I can no longer watch Stripes as a result of how many times that line is used on the internet.

Not really sure where you’re coming from on this anyway. The Yanks played like crap last week and it was frustrating to watch. Is any of what I said untrue?