• WasWatching Meet-Up?

Posted by on May 27th, 2010 · Comments (18)

Frequent commenters and FOTBs (friends of the blog) “YankCrank” and “ClintFSU813″ have suggested that we organize an official meet-up in conjunction with Clint’s impending visit to New York for the June 19th and 20th games vs. the Mets.

Do I have any takers?  Can we get a group together to put faces to pseudonyms?  What say the WW.com faithful?

Comments on WasWatching Meet-Up?

1. YankCrank
      May 27th, 2010 | 12:28 pm

I’m in!

I know Sunday the 20th is Father’s Day and i’d have trouble not being at home that day, so if we did something that Saturday i’d love to be a part of it.

2. clintfsu813
      May 27th, 2010 | 12:29 pm

Looking forward to it. It’ll be a nice change from all the Rays crap I get down here.

3. May 27th, 2010 | 12:34 pm

That’s a big weekend for my family. We have three father’s to cover for father’s day and my dad’s birthday is that weekend as well. I’m totally booked for 6/19. FWIW, I will be in NYC, mid-town, on 6/20 and, at some point, my wife and daughter have something to do – so, my son and I will be on the loose. If you happen to be doing something on the 20th in NYC, around Radio City, after-lunch-ish, me and the boy might be able to pop over and say hello.

Otherwise, have a great time – and, sorry that I couldn’t make it!

4. MJ Recanati
      May 27th, 2010 | 12:47 pm

@ YankCrank:
      Shoot, that’s right. I’ve got a Dad’s Day brunch with my pops.

I think Saturday might make the most sense.

5. clintfsu813
      May 27th, 2010 | 12:58 pm

FYI, i’ll be in town from June 18-21 so we have a good window to make it happen. Most of my set plans are just the games on Sat./Sun. and a show Monday night.

6. clintfsu813
      May 27th, 2010 | 1:00 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      I’ll prolly be at the stadium around lunch time on the 20th. I think the game is at 1:00.

7. May 27th, 2010 | 1:18 pm

Looks like I’ll miss you guys. Sorry about that!

8. MJ Recanati
      May 27th, 2010 | 3:22 pm

OK – So Saturday looks like our day. What/where/when?

9. May 27th, 2010 | 3:43 pm

Whatever you do – take pictures! ;-)

10. Corey Italiano
      May 27th, 2010 | 4:04 pm

Aww…my friends graduation from college party is Sat, I can’t make it.

11. MJ Recanati
      May 27th, 2010 | 4:40 pm

@ Corey Italiano:
      Damnit!

So it’s just me, YankCrank and Clint. Ok then, more for us. :-D

12. Corey Italiano
      May 27th, 2010 | 5:43 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      I mean unless you guys wanted to go early…I have to be back in long island, pick up the gf and be at the party at around 7 though

I guess it really depends what time and where, and I’ll see if I can stretch myself thin.

13. clintfsu813
      May 27th, 2010 | 6:05 pm

The where is up to you guys. Preferably Times Square-ish, but I’m pretty flexible. As far as the when. Since I’m attending the game at 1:00, I’m guessing sometime after game. I plan on getting to YS pretty early Saturday morning to tour Monument Park, etc. Lets start another FB thread and we can hammer out the details.

14. G.I. Joey
      May 27th, 2010 | 6:08 pm

I’m supposed to be in Saratoga @ 7:30pm for a concert. If you guys are going to meet up for the game I think I can make it.

15. May 28th, 2010 | 7:37 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

You better plan on being there at least by 10 AM. The line gets long, fast.

May 28th, 2010 | 9:11 am

I should be around. If it’s a post-game meeting, I would think maybe dinner and drinks.

17. clintfsu813
      May 28th, 2010 | 11:07 am

@ Raf:
      I think post game after Saturday’s game would be cool.

@ Steve Lombardi:
      We plan on getting there around 9am. Plus I joined Yankees Universe and I believe that gives me first entry.

May 28th, 2010 | 12:01 pm

Cool, I’m down for whatever, whenever.