• Kendry Morales Breaks Leg Celebrating Walk-Off HR

Posted by on May 29th, 2010 · Comments (7)

Comments on Kendry Morales Breaks Leg Celebrating Walk-Off HR

1. 77yankees
      May 30th, 2010 | 1:01 am

And the idiotic Carl Lewis 20 foot leaps onto home plate….Got to figure there’ll be pre-game meetings in every MLB locker room Sunday afternoon.

Remember, nobody gets hurt with pie.

2. GCohen9782
      May 30th, 2010 | 2:31 am

This is just a freak accident. There have been hundreds of these celebrations and nothing has happened. I don’t see anything wrong with players having fun when they win, including throwing their helmet, jumping up and down at the plate, etc.

The one thing I do agree with is that the Carl Lewis leap onto the plate when the runner is approaching home is unnecessary and can lead to an injury like this. But overall I see no reason why these celebrations should stop.

3. Evan3457
      May 30th, 2010 | 6:44 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Some celebration is in order.

GCohen9782 wrote:

4. butchie22
      May 30th, 2010 | 8:12 am

Evan3457 wrote:

Steve Lombardi wrote:Well, maybe this will mean the end of the idiotic helmet flip and catch celebrations at home plate following a walk-off homerun? Some celebration is in order.But you’re right, ritualistic showboat celebrations are egotistical and immature, designed only to make ESPN highlights and the like.I won’t say Morales deserved this. I will say this: sooner or later, something like this was bound to happen.GCohen9782 wrote:This is just a freak accident. There have been hundreds of these celebrations and nothing has happened. I seem to recall a pitcher or someone injuring his leg leaping out of the dugout during a celebration of a walkoff. There have been a couple of injuries before, nothing as serious as this.These guys are professionals. Celebrate? Sure. But act like you’ve been there before and plan to be again. The rest is modernistic “Dennis Rodman look at me” disease. (Or K-Rod, or Joba, or Terrell Owens, or well, you get the idea.)

Evan and SL , so you don’t mind if a Yankee gets an eye infection from one of those stupid pies that AJ Burnout likes to throw in people’s faces! Even worse someone could be allegric to them and therefore could suffer from an allegric reaction, god forbid if someone gets a pie thrown in their face!;)

Seriously speaking, there is no Schadenfreude here from me. I think Morales is a good player and what happened to him was a shame. BUT like Evan and Steve , I’m kinda perturbed by the celebrations in these walkoff/home win situations. It’s like these people won the 7th game of the World Series. K-Rod and Joba are too much for my tastes. Evan, hotdogging has gotten so far out of control that you have Yankee shills like Michael Blowhard Kay come to accept the celebratory nature of the new Yankees! In his world, Reyes can’t act like a dick BUT AJ can? Pinstripe blinders,I tell you!

May 30th, 2010 | 9:47 am

A shame what happened to Morales, but I don’t see the way walkoffs are celebrated changing anytime soon.

6. Evan3457
      May 30th, 2010 | 10:10 am

Raf wrote:

Unfortunately, Raf, I agree with you. It is the current culture of modern sports to showboat for ESPN and others who show highlights.

7. 77yankees
      May 30th, 2010 | 7:36 pm

Of course, it only figures today that Howie Kendrick had a game ending three run HR, and none of the Angels were within ten feet of home plate when Kendrick touched it.

And thus ends the one day fad that failed to catch on in MLB thanks to Kendry Morales: The carted-off HR.