• Blog, Blah, Blah…

Posted by on June 24th, 2010 · Comments (14)

Here’s a topic to take your mind off the Yankees sloppy play last night…What are you thoughts on the Yankees Blogosphere as it stands today?

What are your favorite Yankees blogs and why? Which Yankees blogs are the “up-and-comers” in your mind and why? Which Yankees blogs have slipped in your “favorites” standings lately and why? Which Yankees blog deserves more attention? Which Yankees blog does “nobody go to any more because it’s too crowded”? What do you not find in the Yankees Blogosphere that you wish there was more of? Is there something that you find too often in the Yankees Blogosphere? Which Yankees blog has the best reader commentators and why? Which Yankees blog has the worst reader commentators and why? Which Yankees blog has the best format and why? Which Yankees blog has the worst format and why? If you could get one of your favorite Yankees blogs to do more or less of just one thing, what blog is it and what’s that thing – and why?

Basically, this is an open thread to discuss any and all things pertaining to Yankees blogs. Feel free to use the questions above for discussion and/or post some others that could to mind.

You can just discuss WasWatching.com, if you want, and all opinions are welcomed. But, if you want to discuss other Yankees blogs here too, that’s fine and encouraged. So, what do you say?

Comments on Blog, Blah, Blah…

1. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:10 am

Which Yankees blog has the best reader commentators and why?

Other than this one of course, ;) The comments on Nomaas really crack me up sometimes.

I still only mainly view WW, Nomaaas, RespectJetersGangster, Lohud and RiverAve on a daily basis. Everything else usually just repeats the main daily headlines.

2. YankCrank
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:46 am

My scanning-of-blogs time has been significantly reduced lately, but I always stick to WW/LoHud/RiverAveBlues/NoMass. They all give me different perspectives of Yankee news that are refreshing in their own way.

I only comment on WW though.

3. MJ Recanati
      June 24th, 2010 | 1:10 pm

Read: WW, RAB, TYU every single day

RSS Feed: WW, RAB, TYU, LoHud, RLYW, Pending Pinstripes

Comment: WW only, with the occasional comment at TYU or Pending Pinstripes. For whatever reason, my browser at work doesn’t sync up well with either TYU or Pending Pinstripes so I find commenting to be too difficult over there and I stay off my computer at home as much as possible because I’m plugged in 8-10 hours a day at work.

4. June 24th, 2010 | 1:46 pm

OK, I’m just going to throw some names out there – quickly copying and pasting from the blog roll here…

Ashmore’s Thunder Thoughts
      RLYW
      Sliding Into Home
      Star-Ledger’s Yankees Blog
      Subway Squawkers
      SWB Yankees Blog
      The LoHud Yankees Blog
      The Yankees Universe (TYU)
      Yanks Fan Sox Fan
      Zell’s Pinstripe Blog

What are you thoughts/commentary on any or all of these listed?

5. Corey Italiano
      June 24th, 2010 | 2:36 pm

During the season I find that I read less blogs than I do during the offseason. (probably cause the time is spent watching the games rather then reading blogs)

So I’d say I read this, Lohud, Big League Stew (not a yankees blog, but does cover yankee items), SWB Yankees Blog, and the baseball-reference stat of the day blog regularly during the year. (I also read non-yankee blogs DRaysBay and Drunk Jays Fans) During the offseason, I’ll read pretty much anything.

6. Corey Italiano
      June 24th, 2010 | 2:37 pm

Oh and add mlbTradeRumors.com to that. The only site I comment on regularly is here, although from time to time I’ll leave a comment @ mlbTradeRumors

June 24th, 2010 | 9:04 pm

WW and Bronx Banter… Dassit! On occasion, I may hit up RAB, but those two comprise the bulk of my browsing.

8. Evan3457
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:31 pm

WW, LoHud and RAB on a regular basis.

RLYW sometimes. Bronx Banter occasionally. TYU once in a while. No Maas when they have something special on the minor leagues. Stadium Insider once in a while.

9. June 25th, 2010 | 4:12 pm

Gotta say…thought this one would get more play?

10. clintfsu813
      June 25th, 2010 | 4:18 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      I’m pretty sure you’ve asked this type of question before..maybe thats why it had less comments this time?

11. June 25th, 2010 | 4:27 pm

Maybe?

12. clintfsu813
      June 25th, 2010 | 5:52 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Well, I can only speculate as I dont know everyones thinking on the matter. I commented, what more do you want? ;)

13. Corey Italiano
      June 25th, 2010 | 5:57 pm

I agree with Clint, I almost didn’t comment…mostly because I must have posted a reply to this type of question a few times now

14. 77yankees
      June 25th, 2010 | 7:25 pm

For me it’s just here, NoMaas for the laughs, Lohud occasionally for updated Yankee dish. Anything else would be oversaturation for anyone who watches most of the games.