• June 23rd @ The Diamondbacks

Posted by on June 24th, 2010 · Comments (15)

Work is just too busy now for me to stay up past 10 pm and watch these West Coast games.  The Yanks won 6-5 in 10 innings and, from what I gather, A-Rod, Granderson and Rivera all did their fair share to bring home the “W”.  The box score says the Yanks went 3-14 w/RISP which tells me that their offense is still as rotten as ever.

A win is a win but this .500-caliber baseball and NL-level offensive ineptitude just ain’t cuttin’ it in my book.  I don’t feel too great about the 2010 Yanks right now.

Comments on June 23rd @ The Diamondbacks

1. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 8:58 am

We should have scored many more in the first couple of innings off the D-train. He was just plain AWFUL. It was honestly hard to watch. I really like the guy. Gotta give it to the Snakes, they fought hard…well LaRoche did at least. Anybody wanna guess what they were saying when MO had the bases loaded and no out??? BAM..door closed! This was one of the more gratifying wins in a while, IMO. The way those jerkoffs flaunted 2001 in our faces all series. Enjoy playing golf in October D-bags.

June 24th, 2010 | 9:05 am

It was a very sloppy game. Even Mo called his teammates out in his postgame interview; “We won this game, but we played horrible. It’s unacceptable.”

3. Corey Italiano
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:09 am

They still have the best record in baseball, what more do you want? Usually we’re still digging ourselves out of a hole at this point.

4. Corey Italiano
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:38 am

Oh and where’s the love for Granderson?

5. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:40 am

@ Corey Italiano:
      Thats what gets me thru these crappy wins for sure

6. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:48 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

Oh and where’s the love for Granderson?

I know right..MJ needs to step his game up! ;)

7. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:49 am

Wait..he did mention Curtis after all…touche’

8. bfriley76
      June 24th, 2010 | 9:58 am

@ Corey Italiano:
      AND grew their lead in the AL East.

9. Corey Italiano
      June 24th, 2010 | 10:07 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Wait..he did mention Curtis after all…touche’

Ya know, I must have glossed over his name. I didn’t notice the nod to Grandy before.

10. YankCrank
      June 24th, 2010 | 10:39 am

@ clintfsu813:

Sorry, this is off topic, but i’d love to hear about your trip to NYC. How was it?

Sorry we couldn’t make a WW gathering happen.

11. clintfsu813
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:07 am

@ YankCrank:
      Its all good..I understood it was a busy weekend for most. I had a blast. Stayed right in Times Square. The Sat. and Sun. games were great. My only wish all weekend was to hear “Enter Sandman” at least once. I got to hear it twice! Also visited the Monuments and the Museum. Highlight was seeing a Mets fan sitting in LF (After Tex’s Grand Slam) take off his jersey and throw into the Mets bullpen. Everyone went nuts. I’m now 3-0 lifetime in the Bronx..cant wait to go back. Still havent gotten those damn subway routes down though….

12. GDH
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:20 am

I prefer to celebrate the Giambino’s walkoff HR of Papsmear to sink the stinky sox. Now that was sweeeeet.

13. YankCrank
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:41 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Hahaha! That’s absolutely hilarious, love it!

Glad you had an amazing time, and hopefully you can get back sooner rather than later.

14. YankCrank
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:42 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

Oh and where’s the love for Granderson?

I haven’t fully warmed up to Granderson yet, but he’s certainly had some big hits for us. Last night was another one.

15. Evan3457
      June 24th, 2010 | 11:25 pm

It was awful putrid disgusting baseball. All those walks, all those wasted opportunities, all those baserunning blunders, Vazquez was way off, Marte melted down.

On the other hand:

1) Joba threw 97-8 for the 2nd straight day. :)
      2) Jeter and Swisher had excellent ABs in drawing the two walks that started the 9th inning rally :) :) (especially Jeter, who hasn’t been walking this year)
      3) A-Rod got the tying run home in the 9th with a sac fly :) :) :)
      4) Granderson hit a second extra-inning road game game-winning HR :) :) :) :)
      5) And Mariano went two, and got himself into and out of terrible trouble in the 10th to do it, which had to slam the lid on the D’backs broadcasters, especially Mark Grace. :) (Mo would never allow more than one smiley; he’s too classy for ostentation.) (Line of the night goes to the poster in the Yankee Game Thread at SOSH who said {more or less}: “I think Mo was just taunting the D’backs bullpen by saying he could load the bases with nobody out and still get out of it without a run allowed.”)
      6) And the Sox and Rays both lost, and that made the lead over both 2 1/2 games (now back to 2). :)

It was the worst of times, it was the best of times. :)