I missed much of this one as I was at my friend who’s moving to California’s going away party, but here’s a few notes:
- Burnett was throwing the ball well up until the rain delay forced him out. Very economical, 58 pitches through 5. Too bad, he might have gone the distance in this one.
- Not that Cano cooled off too much, but it appears he’s starting to get hot again. He’s hitting .353/.500/.706 over his last 22 PA with half of his hits going for extra bases.
- As hot as Cano has been over the last few games, it still makes me nuts that he got Jeff Nelson’ed (Fake to 3rd, throw to first).
- Tex was kept hitless for a rare time during this torrid July for him, despite drawing 2 walks. He’s hitting .388/.494/.746 in his last 83 PA with 14 XBH.
- While it didn’t come tonight, ya gotta give A-Rod credit, he doesn’t appear to be pressing for 600.
- Congrats to Jorge Posada on his 1000th RBI.
- Tampa lost and Boston won resulting in the Yankee lead in the AL East improving to 4 games.