• Most Hated Teams

Posted by on July 29th, 2010 · Comments (12)

S.I.com ranks their “25 most hated teams in sports history.”

The 1978 New York Yankees, 1986 New York Mets, 1974 Oakland Athletics, 1919 Chicago White Sox and 1909 Detroit Tigers all made the list from baseball.

How did the 2004 Boston Red Sox miss the cut? In any event, which baseball teams did you hate the most?

Comments on Most Hated Teams

1. jay
      July 29th, 2010 | 2:37 pm

2010 Yankees.

I don’t like rooting for this historically great player they have, they only beat bad teams, and their GM is my arch nemesis.

2. BOHAN
      July 29th, 2010 | 2:56 pm

@ jay:
      what team would u rather have this one or the other ny team… me personally ill take the team with the great players then the team with ok players and a horrible gm and organization that is completely messed. if youre a yankee fan dont hate on a the team. cause you know once they bring back another championship youre going to love them.

3. BOHAN
      July 29th, 2010 | 2:58 pm

but i probably hated the 04 sox the most.

4. jay
      July 29th, 2010 | 3:00 pm

BOHAN wrote:

@ jay:

Joke You——–> x

5. GDH
      July 29th, 2010 | 3:02 pm

Any team with Jonathan Papelbon and/or Josh Beckett on the roster automatically qualifies for me.
      Add in the 01 Douchbacks for good measure.

July 29th, 2010 | 3:03 pm

jay wrote:

2010 Yankees.

lol

7. MJ Recanati
      July 29th, 2010 | 3:04 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

How did the 2004 Boston Red Sox miss the cut?

Because everyone outside of the Bronx was rooting for them. They were a team with a mix of stars (Manny, Schilling, Pedro), “regular joe” types (Mueller, Millar, Varitek, Mientkiewicz, Cabrera, Lowe) and previous unknowns that became stars, to a certain extent (Ortiz/Damon). They broke the so-called Curse of the Bambino and they beat what was, at the time, a Yankee team that wasn’t particularly amiable in any way.

I understand why no one hated the ’04 Sox. My only irritation was how the media became fanboys as well.

Steve Lombardi wrote:

In any event, which baseball teams did you hate the most?

The 2003 and 2004 Sox, no doubt.

Also:

The ’01 D-Backs, the ’03 Marlins, the ’02 and ’05 Angels, the ’06 Tigers and any playoff team with Torii Hunter’s big mouth.

July 29th, 2010 | 3:06 pm

The 04 Red Sox were loved; from idiots, to “cowboy up” to coming back from a 3-0 series deficit, beating the mighty Yankees in the process, to extinguishing the curse…

July 29th, 2010 | 3:14 pm

MJ beat me to it :)

10. clintfsu813
      July 29th, 2010 | 5:25 pm

Any Rays team. Ever.

11. redbug
      July 29th, 2010 | 5:59 pm

The Idiots

12. Evan3457
      July 29th, 2010 | 11:52 pm

It’s funny; hockey is not in my top two, but I hate the Flyers of 1973-4-5 more than anyone. When they played the Russians, I was stumped as to who to root for.

But then, I was only 16.