• Ellen DeGeneres & Kara DioGuardi Gone From ‘Idol’

Posted by on July 30th, 2010 · Comments (16)

Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler to replace them?

So, here’s a a question – if you could have any two people removed from the Yankees organization – albeit a player, coach, front office member, someone from the YES Network, etc. – which two would you pick and why?

By, this, I mean, if you woke up one morning and heard that “X” was leaving or had been fired by the Yankees, who are your top two that would make you do a happy dance the minute you found out?

Comments on Ellen DeGeneres & Kara DioGuardi Gone From ‘Idol’

1. mjjmwd
      July 30th, 2010 | 9:53 am

Would be nice if both John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman got fired and left, preferably sharing the same taxi, with Michael Kay driving…
      I am happy dancing as I speak!

2. July 30th, 2010 | 11:10 am

I’ll post it, even ‘tho everyone knows it…

My Yankees world will be sweeter when Brian Cashman and A-Rod are no longer in the picture.

3. Corey Italiano
      July 30th, 2010 | 11:15 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

I’ll post it, even ‘tho everyone knows it…

You got a long way to go.

4. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 11:23 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

You got a long way to go.

And thankfully so, I might add. The Yanks are better for having both of them in the picture.

5. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 11:24 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

As much as I disagree with the sentiment or the obscure logic behind it, I applaud you for saying it.

That’s the most honest thing you’ve ever written on this site.

6. clintfsu813
      July 30th, 2010 | 11:25 am

I’m actually pretty content with the Yanks staff. The little Steins arent over-interfering, Cash has done a great job…IMO…, I like the job that Joe has done, and I really like this team of younguns/veterans. Furthermore, I cant get Sterling down here, and I actually like Kay et al. Him and Paulie crack me up on occasion. What can I say..i’m easy to please. :D

7. July 30th, 2010 | 11:35 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

You got a long way to go.

I figure I have to put up with Cashman for another 18 months and then I should be free there.

Now, A-Rod, that’s a different story. That could go on for another six or seven years. Yikes! At least, by 2013, I won’t be the only one who wants him out of town.

8. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 12:26 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Explain.

9. July 30th, 2010 | 12:38 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Steve Lombardi wrote:
      Explain.

Cashman’s contract is up after 2011. That’s 18 months. I figure, by then, either he’ll price himself out of the job, or, he’ll want to scale back on the hours and take an ESPN gig, or, he’ll shoot himself in the foot so bad that not even the Bros. Stein can turn a blind eye. After 2011, he’ll have 14 years as the GM. That’s enough. Time for someone new. He can’t keep the job forever.

10. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 12:43 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Perhaps. But I could see him staying on for another three years after that too, especially if they win another WS this year or next.

July 30th, 2010 | 1:00 pm

Actually, I kinda wonder if the gig has gotten any easier under the Bros. Stein. Or if there is an exec in the system that they’re willing to promote.

Cashman doesn’t seem to appear to be the “money grab” type (doesn’t mean he will), and I don’t know if he can be an ESPN/MLBN shill. It would take quite the move for him to shoot himself in the foot, he seems to be a bit too calculating for that.

Unless something radical happens, I’d say the job’s Cashman’s until he no longer wants it.

12. July 30th, 2010 | 1:43 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

They’re not winning one this year. Not with this crew. They’ll make the post-season, for sure. But, they’re not winning the World Series. And, 2011? Dunno. A lot depends on what happens between 2010 and then…

13. July 30th, 2010 | 1:45 pm

Raf wrote:

It’s still a 24/7 job. And, Cashman’s kids are not getting younger. Would not shock me to see him take his savings and go be the next Steve Phillips for ESPN – esp. since they are CT based and he lives there.

14. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 2:15 pm

Raf wrote:

I agree.

15. MJ Recanati
      July 30th, 2010 | 2:16 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

They’re not winning one this year.

You said that last year too.

16. Corey Italiano
      July 30th, 2010 | 2:27 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

They’re not winning one this year. Not with this crew.

I’d place one of those “I’ll take a picture of me holding a sign up saying I’m wrong” bets on that with ya.