• The A-Rod HR Stat That Says It All?

Posted by on August 4th, 2010 · Comments (8)

Well, if anything, these numbers show that it’s not 2007 anymore…or even 2005…

Comments on The A-Rod HR Stat That Says It All?

1. Garcia
      August 4th, 2010 | 11:18 am

@Steve There you go again, adding fuel to the fire. Are you implying that 2007 was when A-Rod last worked with Angel Presinal? ;-)

August 4th, 2010 | 12:50 pm

MarkW wrote:

You are cooking the data here by using ‘team’s first 100 games’. for example, he missed a good chunk of games at the beginning of 09. I’d like to see the data for HIS first 100 games each year.

Signed, Not A-Rod fan but fan of Properly Designed Studies…

:D

3. August 4th, 2010 | 12:53 pm

@ Garcia:Well, on that topic, let me put it this way…

If, someday, we were told, for fact, that A-Rod was using some PED during the 2007 season and/or the 2009 post-season, hey, I would not be shocked.

August 4th, 2010 | 12:58 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

hey, I would not be shocked.

Given things that Bill Lee, Tom House and Jim Bouton have said, I wouldn’t be surprised either. PED’s have been around the game in some form or another for 40-50 years

5. Garcia
      August 4th, 2010 | 1:01 pm

@Raf Here’s what the link says: “How many home runs has Alex Rodriguez hit in the first 100 games that he’s played each season?”

But then it says: “Alex Rodriguez: From 1994 to 2010, In team’s first 100 games, requiring HR>=1, sorted by greatest number of HR in a single season matching the selected criteria”

I’m kind of confused, because he hit 30 last year and if in the first 100 games he hit 15, then that would mean in the final 24 he hit 15. I don’t remembering it happening that way. I’m kind of confused here because even the PA #s seems quite low. I’ll let Steve explain this all.

6. August 4th, 2010 | 1:24 pm

It’s a mistake – when it says “How many home runs has Alex Rodriguez hit in the first 100 games that he’s played each season?”

it should really say

“How many home runs has Alex Rodriguez hit in the first 100 games that HIS TEAM has played each season?”

But, for the most part, this only really impacts the 2009 season – because that’s the only season where A-Rod missed a lot of time with HIS TEAM’S first 100 games.

7. Garcia
      August 4th, 2010 | 1:30 pm

Well, he just hit #600. It’s over, now we can move on to winning a ton of games. Congrats to Alex!

August 4th, 2010 | 1:44 pm

As Detroit Michael said “Couldn’t you get at the topic more simply by just looking HR/PA or HR/AB for each year?”