• August 24th @ The Blue Jays

Posted by on August 25th, 2010 · Comments (9)

It seems most things that could possibly go wrong have gone wrong this week for me, so I really don’t have much time to write out a recap. But basically the Yanks hit a lot of dingers, Moseley lived to see another day and the Yankees won. Not much more matters than that last part, anyway.

Comments on August 24th @ The Blue Jays

1. YankCrank
      August 25th, 2010 | 11:19 am

This was exactly what the Yankees needed after the previous night. Show up and just bludgeon the Jays to death with runs and home runs. I know we were all pissed about how Bautista not only beat us but showboated during his 8th inning HR last night, but this was the best sort of comeback. Don’t plunk him, just show the Jays why we’re 12.5 games better than them.

Granderson had a big night against a lefty, Thames had a blast against a lefty, Tex continues his assault with the bat and even Jeter and Posada contributed to the bomb squad. Good night for the Yanks.

Now, let’s take the series tonight behind Phil Franchise.

2. August 25th, 2010 | 11:38 am

Yankees took two BP pitchers, Marc Rzepczynski and Brian Tallet, both with ERAs of six, and did what they should do to them – pound them.

I can’t get too excited over this one – it’s not like they beat Felix Hernandez or Clay Buchholz here.

3. clintfsu813
      August 25th, 2010 | 2:03 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Gotta agree with you Steve. While I was happy for the BJ beatdown and of Curtis’ hits off the lefty, I wasnt excited as usual here. It just seems that this year we CANNOT beat stud pitching. Granted, we’ve put beatdowns on Doc and Price but its just not consistent enough for me to be overly confident about our postseason ventures this year.

4. #15
      August 25th, 2010 | 2:40 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      We also beat Cliff Lee not too long ago. But, I hear you. When your line-up has Nunez, Pena, & Cisco and the evil twin of Grandy from a few weeks ago, and the Gardy of late, and a less than usual Jeter, etc… we aren’t the beasts we’d like to be. Can’t win with both a shaky offense and a shaky pitching staff.

5. Evan3457
      August 25th, 2010 | 3:00 pm

And Beckett 3 times, once when he was pitching well. And Verlander at the Stadium. And Lester early in the year. And Buchholz in May. And Liriano, who’s pitched well the whole season, till he got hurt again. And Santana in the 2nd Mets series. And Trevor Cahill.

In fact, the only top pitcher the Yanks have been completely helpless against is King Felix, and he’s light years away from the post-season. They’ve also struggled against some of the Jays’ pitchers, but they’ve also beaten Morrow and Romero once.

6. clintfsu813
      August 25th, 2010 | 3:06 pm

@ Evan3457:
      Touche’ good sir. I guess the recent crappiness vs Morrow and Felix have clouded my outlook. Thanks for that! BTW, I was at the Johan game in the Bronx. He did pitch well, just made a Grand mistake to Tex. Your point was taken though.

7. BOHAN
      August 25th, 2010 | 4:46 pm

good pitching beats good hitting

8. Evan3457
      August 25th, 2010 | 5:28 pm

BOHAN wrote:

good pitching beats good hitting

Except when it doesn’t.

9. Evan3457
      August 25th, 2010 | 5:32 pm

Also forced Jclintfsu813 wrote:

@ Evan3457:

Also forced John Danks out of a game after 5 innings with 118 pitches.
      He gave up 6 hits and 3 walks, but the Yanks couldn’t put the crusher on him. He left with a 5-2 lead; the Yanks gave him a no-decision by scoring 4 in the 6th of the White Sox pen, but the Pale Hose rallied to win 7-6.

It’s a moral victory. Sorta.