• September 2010 Survey Question #1

Posted by on September 2nd, 2010 · Comments (11)

Please consider taking the following poll:

{democracy:108}

Thanks in advance. And, please feel free to add comments on your opinion in the comments section.

Comments on September 2010 Survey Question #1

1. MJ Recanati
      September 2nd, 2010 | 4:41 pm

Best pitcher on best team and likely 20-game winner…seems like that’s been the formula for the Cy Young in just about every other year so there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be CC’s to lose.

2. September 2nd, 2010 | 5:29 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Agreed. And, it’s not like he’s that far off from being the best pitcher in the league, period, ignoring wins. Also, he’s the team MVP, in some ways, and since they rarely give a pitcher an MVP, maybe they should just give him the Cy for that.

3. Garcia
      September 2nd, 2010 | 9:25 pm

The only player I think gives him serious comp is Price, I was just looking at their numbers and it’s amazing how close they are. Almost equal on ERA, WHIP, and SO. CC more W’s, Price has a better ERA+.

4. clintfsu813
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:20 pm

I voted for CC, but only because Ivan Nova wasnt an option. Any guy that spouts off to “Lick My Balls” Bautista in his first ML start is THE MAN! :D

5. MJ Recanati
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:25 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      WHAT? What happened between Nova and Bautista?

6. clintfsu813
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:30 pm
    7. MJ Recanati
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:33 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      I was in Ireland and missed a whole week of baseball. I had no idea about any of this.

8. clintfsu813
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:39 pm

Oh yea, my bad. Check the video. SuperNova was like…”I will kill you fool!”

9. clintfsu813
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:40 pm

Biggest thing I like about Nova so far, is that he throws a lot of strikes. Hughes KILLS me with the walks and high pitch count.

10. Corey Italiano
      September 3rd, 2010 | 1:45 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

WHAT? What happened between Nova and Bautista?

Bautista had hit a bomb off Nova. In one of his next AB’s, Nova throw a fastball that was at the eye level directly over the plate (nowhere near Bautista’s head) and Baustista got pissed off and started yelling at Nova. Nove just stood there with his arms outstretched yelling “what are you gonna do?!”

It was awesome.

11. MJ Recanati
      September 3rd, 2010 | 2:19 pm

@ clintfsu813:
      @ Corey Italiano:
      OK, I just saw the video. Fantastic. I love it. Here’s a rookie making his first start, the situation gets hot and he just stares Bautista down and tells him to untangle his panties.