• So, What I Miss?

Posted by on September 20th, 2010 · Comments (9)

I was up in Binghamton on Friday (visiting family) and spent Saturday and Sunday up in Cooperstown (pictures to follow). But, now, I’m back – after a lot of driving over the last three days.

So, if not for some A-Rod heroics, the Yanks would have dropped two of three to the O’s, huh? (Yeah, I’m just kidding – sorta/kinda.) And, Donnie Baseball is the new Walter Alston? (Man, that’s crazy – like Willie Stargell closing out his days as a coach for the Braves.) And, tonight’s Big Stein’s day at Monument Park!

I have some catching up to do today…so, you tell me, what’s been (to you) the biggest stories in Yankeeland (and baseball) over the last three days?

Comments on So, What I Miss?

1. Corey Italiano
      September 20th, 2010 | 9:27 am

I’d say the biggest news of the weekend would be Pettitte’s return and Tyler Colvin getting impaled by the maple bat shard.

2. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 9:46 am

And I’d say the biggest news of the weekend is, with all due respect to Mrs. Dean, finding out that one of the best pitchers of the 1930′s married a dog. Yowza, she was homely.

3. September 20th, 2010 | 9:47 am

Steve, if you don’t mind me asking, what area in Binghamton were you in? I actually attend SUNY Bing.

4. September 20th, 2010 | 10:42 am

@ hallofamer2000:
      Pretty much there – at the foot of the college. Even had breakfast at Denny’s before heading to Cooperstown.

While we were there, we stopped at the Cider Mill in Endicott, the Roberson Museum and Mansion, and had dinner at the California Grill. Probably places you know? ;-)

5. September 20th, 2010 | 2:24 pm

I know that Denny’s quite well. The rest, never been to.

6. September 20th, 2010 | 2:39 pm

Most surprising thing of this weekend to me is that the cause of A.J. Burnett’s black eye has yet to be revealed. I was sure there would be all sorts of juicy, bizarre details behind that. But nothing.

7. Corey Italiano
      September 20th, 2010 | 3:18 pm

@ lisaswan:
      I too was pretty surprised.

8. September 20th, 2010 | 6:33 pm

@ lisaswan:
      Nick Swisher bet him five bucks, on a dare, to peek into a glory hole at a gas station rest room, in Fort Lee, NJ.

Yes, I’m kidding.

9. September 20th, 2010 | 6:35 pm

hallofamer2000 wrote:

I know that Denny’s quite well. The rest, never been to.

I’ve been told that Denny’s sees a lot of college action. FWIW, California Grill is in Vestal. As far as the Cider Mill, if you like donuts, you MUST try it out. And, that’s coming from someone who avoids donuts at just about any cost. That said, these are worth the calories, for sure.