• Torre & Mattingly To Attend Big Stein Monument Dedication

Posted by on September 20th, 2010 · Comments (14)

Here’s the story.

Have to say – this is impressive on all ends…the Yankees for asking and Torre/Mattingly for making the effort to be there. It’s going to be a special night, for sure, at the Stadium today.

Comments on Torre & Mattingly To Attend Big Stein Monument Dedication

1. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 1:09 pm

I’m surprised both sides were willing to bury the hatchet. Either way, good job by all for getting this done.

2. Jim TreshFan
      September 20th, 2010 | 1:10 pm

Once again, I am very touched that the Yankees have chosen Tom Tresh’s birthday for this ceremony. Now the names of these two Yankees legends will be forever joined together.

Oh, and it’s my birthday, too…double nickles today :D

3. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 1:21 pm

@ Jim TreshFan:
      You and Tom Tresh share a birthday? That’s aweseome that you share a birthday with one of your favorite players. Happy birthday!

None of my childhood sports heroes shared my birthday… :-(

4. YankCrank
      September 20th, 2010 | 1:41 pm

The gf is heading to the game with a friend, and i’m definitely super jealous.

5. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 1:57 pm

YankCrank wrote:

The gf is heading to the game with a friend, and i’m definitely super jealous.

Why the heck aren’t you going with her?!!

6. September 20th, 2010 | 2:26 pm

@ Jim TreshFan:
      Happy Birthday Jim!

7. YankCrank
      September 20th, 2010 | 2:34 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

YankCrank wrote:
      The gf is heading to the game with a friend, and i’m definitely super jealous.
      Why the heck aren’t you going with her?!!

Friend of hers had one extra ticket, so i’m on the outside looking in.

Guy is a total doucher anyway. So add both together and needless to say, i’m not so happy at the moment.

8. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 2:52 pm

YankCrank wrote:

Booooo, not happy to hear this. Not worth starting a big fight with EE but hopefuly this pr*#k behaves himself. If not, I’ll be happy to pound him with you.

9. YankCrank
      September 20th, 2010 | 3:10 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

YankCrank wrote:

Good to know you got my back, MJ. You’re a bigger guy than me too, I can use you on my side :)

10. Jim TreshFan
      September 20th, 2010 | 3:22 pm

Mike Francesa just interviewed both Brian Cashman and Joe Torre (separately, of course). Cashman wasn’t sure who invited Torre, but seemed not all that displeased with his being there tonight. Torre said he was invited by Lon Trost AFTER he announced his pending resignation on Friday. Interesting.

11. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 3:23 pm

@ Jim TreshFan:
      Lonn Trost and Randy Levine serve no purpose other than to get in the way.

12. Corey Italiano
      September 20th, 2010 | 4:36 pm

First pitch is pushed back to 7:35

13. MJ Recanati
      September 20th, 2010 | 4:45 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

First pitch is pushed back to 7:35

Good…I’m having dinner with pops tonight which means I won’t be at my apartment until around then anyway.

14. redbug
      September 20th, 2010 | 6:05 pm

I’m really glad Joe Torre has been invited back. Not recognizing him at the last game at the old stadium was very petty. Joe got the Yanks to the PS all 12 years he managed the team. He was one of the best, if not the best, managers the Yankees have ever had.

I don’t know what tonight’s program is but assuming Joe’s announced, he should get a huge, deserved, ovation.

I’m very happy the ice has been broken. And, it’ll also be great to see Don Mattingly.