• Hey, Yankees, You’re Really Ticking Me Off Now

Posted by on September 25th, 2010 · Comments (7)

So, the Yankees have now lost 12 of their last 18 games. And, a case could be made that they’re very lucky that it’s not 14 of their last 18.

Yeah, I know, they almost came back in the loss last night. Big whoops. It was a bunch of garbage time homers. And, in the end, it was all a date late and a dollar short.

Man, these are different times in Yankeeland. Do you think if this was happening before that church service for Otto Graham back in December 2003 that all this would be tolerated as much as it is today?

Me? To be candid, at first I was upset about how the Yankees are playing lately. But, now, I’m just flat out angry. Yeah, my state towards all this has gone from being troubled to being enraged now.

This team has eight games left to get their act together before the post-season. And, it would be beyond nice if they could start working towards that right now.

If angry comes after upset, what comes after angry? I’m really not looking forward to finding out.

Comments on Hey, Yankees, You’re Really Ticking Me Off Now

1. MJ Recanati
      September 25th, 2010 | 9:12 am

1) I’m angry too. Really angry.

2) After angry comes “sangry.” Sangry = Sad + angry, which is what we’ll all be if the Yanks play this lousy in the ALDS in Minnesota (since the division is nearly all but lost now).

3) I don’t think Steinbrenner would’ve done anything. He might’ve said a few things but his words really didn’t matter since they were all bluster and hot air. He wouldn’t be firing anyone with eight games left in the season.

4) The Yanks are now likely to be swept in their final homestand of the year since I don’t trust Nova and Moseley to find a way to win.

5) I love Andy and CC but they sure picked a bad time to shit their pants…

September 25th, 2010 | 9:41 am

I’m starting to get annoyed.

3. JeremyM
      September 25th, 2010 | 10:00 am

I don’t remember George doing anything when they stunk to high heaven in September 2000, but Torre did have the currency of winning 3 out of the last 4 championships in his wallet.

But anyway, I’ve been annoyed ever since Chad Gaudin became a go-to guy and Girardi started smirking his way around, talking about his master plan of losing battles to win wars and started lying about who was and wasn’t available from the bullpen. By the way, Steve, you should update the General Joe’s Army shirt with that quote: “Losing battles to win wars.”

It’s one thing to lose, but the fact that Girardi just decided he was going to take the foot off the gas and try to coast uphill has really ticked me off. It’s ticked me off to a degree where I’d like to just see the Wild Card go away. Sure, if you try your best and end up with the wild card, that’s fine, but to me, the Yankees try to go through the front door of the party.

4. redbug
      September 25th, 2010 | 10:12 am

I’m not angry. I’m worried. Andy’s last game w/ Baltimore was a promising 1st after his injury. Obviously, last night wasn’t at all promising. W/o an effective Andy, the Yanks won’t make it out of the 1st round.

5. Evan3457
      September 25th, 2010 | 10:40 am

Look, the last two games were lost by Sabathia and Pettitte not pitching well. There are two possibilities:

1) They continue to not pitch well, in which case, the Yanks had no shot of doing anything anyway, or 2)

2) They pitch back to form, in which case, the Yanks can still win it all.
      ===========================================
      You want to get angry at Pettitte for giving up 7 runs in his 2nd start back, that’s fine.
      ===========================================
      Bunch of garbage time homers? I don’t think so; they got the tying run to the plate in the 9th off Papelbon in a game they were down 9 runs in at one point.

6. Garcia
      September 25th, 2010 | 12:02 pm

I think we’re all angry, Steve. Last night sucked elephant balls.

7. INAC
      September 25th, 2010 | 12:35 pm

The magic number has been stuck on three for the last three days, and the matchups the next two days suck.

Girardi managing for the playoffs, handing the Rays the division on a silver platter, and now this all starting to backfire before they’ve even clinched. The last thing anyone wants or needs is for the games at Fenway next week to have meaning to them. Give the Sox a chance, and they’ll be doing their damnedest to capitalize.

The Yankees are still in excellent position to reach the playoffs. But for Cripes’ sake, clinch the friggen spot already.