• Yanks To Use CC For The Hopeful Clincher

Posted by on September 27th, 2010 · Comments (7)

Via Ben Shpigel

[Today's loss has] undermined the Yankees’ possible plans of holding C. C. Sabathia out of his scheduled start Tuesday. Instead of having his next outing delayed three days (to Friday in Boston) to put him in line to work the Oct. 6 opener on regular rest — as he preferred — Sabathia is set to climb the Rogers Centre mound, in his left arm the Yankees trust.

“I think anytime you have a chance to set something up, you’d prefer to set something up,” Manager Joe Girardi said before the game. “But the first thing is you have to get in before you do any of that.”

Of course, the last 55 batters to face CC have a collective BA/OBA/SLG line of .354/.389/.458, and, over his last 6 starts, Sabathia’s ERA is 4.32 (in 41.6 IP). So, who knows what will really happen on Tuesday? It’s not like he’s been a lock to shut people down lately, right?

Comments on Yanks To Use CC For The Hopeful Clincher

1. Evan3457
      September 27th, 2010 | 11:35 pm

Well, nothing’s a lock, but I’d be willing to be real money CC pitches a good game Tuesday night.

2. MJ Recanati
      September 28th, 2010 | 8:44 am

Joe Girardi said:

“I think anytime you have a chance to set something up, you’d prefer to set something up. But the first thing is you have to get in before you do any of that.”

Um, Joe, if you feel that way, how come you just dive-bombed the division title into the ground over the last 10 days?

Joe Girardi = Disingenuous ass.

Get thee to the Cubs, douche-wipe.

September 28th, 2010 | 9:58 am

@ MJ Recanati:
      It’s like 2008 all over again…

4. MJ Recanati
      September 28th, 2010 | 10:02 am

@ Raf:
      Really seems that way. Girardi can’t get out of his own way with the contradictory statements/actions.

5. clintfsu813
      September 28th, 2010 | 10:33 am

Raf wrote:

It’s like 2008 all over again…

At least we’re making the post season this year, lol.

@ MJ Recanati:
      Just curious who your ideal replacement would be?

6. Corey Italiano
      September 28th, 2010 | 10:47 am

MJ Recanati wrote:

I agree, what he says there makes 0 sense and doesn’t comply with how he’s been managing.

7. MJ Recanati
      September 28th, 2010 | 11:07 am

clintfsu813 wrote:

Just curious who your ideal replacement would be?

I’m not really sure, to be honest. At the time he was hired, Girardi was absolutely my ideal candidate.

I know I don’t want Trey Hillman, Bobby Valentine, Tony La Russa, Lou Piniella or Joe Torre. Beyond that, I don’t know who the other potential candidates are.