• Backing Berg Bike To Benefit National MS Society

Posted by on September 30th, 2010 · Comments (12)

Please consider helping Ted Berg in his fight against MS

Thanks.

Comments on Backing Berg Bike To Benefit National MS Society

1. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 3:33 pm

Ted is a stand up gentleman, too. This won’t just go into his sandwich of the month fund.

2. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:05 pm

I feel bad asking but who is Ted Berg?

3. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:08 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      He writes for SNY, butI happen to know him from his days playing bass in my friends band.

4. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:12 pm

@ Corey Italiano:
      Really? I don’t read or watch anything having to do with SNY so I’ve never heard of him before.

Cool that you actually know him outside of the baseball thing. Small world, I guess.

5. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:16 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      If you recall those SNY vignettes Steve used to do on occation, they were hosted by Ted a lot of times.

6. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:17 pm

occasion*

7. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:24 pm

@ Corey Italiano:
      To be honest, I never watched them. I just don’t care for SNY so I choose to send my eyeballs elsewhere.

8. September 30th, 2010 | 4:27 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

He writes for SNY.

He’s also very, very, talented – and an extremely nice and classy guy. It was a pleasure meeting him during my time working with SNY.

This news is the second bummer news that I got in the past week.

Last Friday, I learned that one of my neighbors passed away. He was a year older than me. He has three kids ranging from ages 10 to 14, or around there. He went in for back surgery and never woke up. It wasn’t supposed to happen. He was a very, very, nice guy. A real stand-up dude. I drive by his house at least twice a day and it’s eating away at my heart every time I do it now – because I can’t stop thinking about his wife and kids now being without him. Like I said, it’s been a week now and I can’t shake it.

Then I read the news about Ted today. I am very sorry to hear about his news. And, I wanted to see if I could help, in any way, hence the mention here.

Sorry if anyone thinks it was not right to share here. But, like I said, for the past week, this time of stuff is really hitting me hard and I felt like I had to do something to try and help.

9. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:32 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

I don’t think anyone would object to a good cause such as this. Assisting the MS Society is one thing all Yankee fans would probably agree on as a good thing.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

10. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 4:34 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Agreed on all fronts.

11. September 30th, 2010 | 4:52 pm

@ MJ Recanati: Thanks. It’s strange what spooks us and what doesn’t. But, this one really hit me. Probably because we’re only a year apart in age and that his youngest goes to the same elementary school as my kids. I’ve probably thought about him five times a day for the last seven days. And, I probably only spoke to him around 5 times in the last 8 months. I have a feeling this one is going to stay with me for a while.

September 30th, 2010 | 6:56 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Sorry to hear man… I’ve hit a bit of a rough patch as well. All the best, it’ll get better. It usually does.