• Yankees 2010 ALDS Roster

Posted by on September 30th, 2010 · Comments (9)

It’s almost a lock that these guys are going to make it: Cervelli, Posada, Teixeira, Cano, Jeter, Rodriguez, Gardner, Granderson, Swisher, Thames, Berkman, Pena, Kearns, Sabathia, Pettitte, Hughes, Burnett, Rivera, Chamberlain, Robertson, Logan and Wood.

That leaves three spots open for these six guys: Nunez, Gaudin, Moseley, Mitre, Nova and Vazquez.

I don’t see how Vazquez makes it. And, I suppose it makes sense to take Nunez so that you don’t get stuck if two non-1B infielders go down in a game. That means it’s two spots with Gaudin, Moseley, Mitre, and Nova fighting it out.

Girardi seems to like Gaudin. So, he’s probably in. And, that leaves it to Moseley, Mitre, and Nova for the last spot. Me? I would go with Moseley here and tell Mitre and Nova that they’re going to be cheerleaders for the ALDS.

How would you fill out the Yankees 2010 ALDS roster?

Comments on Yankees 2010 ALDS Roster

1. clintfsu813
      September 30th, 2010 | 1:17 pm

Why D-Mo over Nova? MLB Experience?

2. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 1:22 pm

I’d take Nunez, Moseley and Nova.

Girardi’s affection for Gaudin is beyond mysterious considering how awful Gaudin has been this year.

Sergio Mitre was once Girardi’s pet but injuries derailed his 2010 season (as they’ve derailed his entire career, essentially) so there’s no chance he’s in play.

Vazquez will never pitch for the Yankees again.

3. JeremyM
      September 30th, 2010 | 1:47 pm

I’m with MJ. No way would I go with Gaudin although I know there is potential there for him to be a “ROOGY.” And I’d go with Nova over Moseley if Gaudin was on the roster. Nova has more upside. I could even see him filling a Ramiro Mendoza-type role at some point.

4. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 2:01 pm

I miss Aceves.

5. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 2:17 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

I miss Aceves.

Word. It’s sad that “Ace” is gone.

September 30th, 2010 | 3:09 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

This affection has seemingly come from nowhere as Gaudin was for all intents and purposes buried before Girardi started using him so much.

7. Corey Italiano
      September 30th, 2010 | 3:15 pm

Maybe Gaudin hit Burnett? (kidding)

8. MJ Recanati
      September 30th, 2010 | 3:19 pm

@ Raf:
      All the more reason why I’ve soured on Girardi. His moves come from left field and are completely logically inconsistent.

9. #15
      September 30th, 2010 | 5:45 pm

I’d take Mosley and Nova… But Joe probably won’t. He’s proabaly going to take Gaudin and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take Mitre with the thinking being that these are the two most seasoned players. I know I’m in the minority, and I know it ain’t going to happen, but I still think I’d start Nova before Burnett. Ask yourself… Which of these two has the best chance of keeping you in the game for 5 innings?