• When Ten Cubed Equals Two Large

Posted by on October 10th, 2010 · Comments (10)

Yeah, I know, ten cubed equals one thousand…not two.

But, today is 10/10/10 – and that’s sorta like ten cubed. And, today is the 2,000th day that WasWatching.com has been in existence. Hence, “When Ten Cubed Equals Two Large.”

Two thousand days…and I don’t even want to think about how many hours over those days…it’s been alotta time. A whole heap of alotta time.

I started this blog as an outlet. A vehicle to share in the celebration of things in Yankeeland that I found enjoyable. Also, a mechanism to facilitate some venting on Yankees-related items that I found unpleasing. In the process, over these past five and a half years, I’ve also put myself “out there” to a fair degree…allowing many to get to know me, somewhat, through my sundry posts these last 2,000 days.

For the most part, it’s been a very interesting and fun journey. And, for sure, it’s been a learning experience. Related, whether you’ve been reading this blog for the last 5 1/2 years or for some portion of time less than that, please accept my thanks for your contribution towards those results.

Good lookin’ out. And, may you always hang wit’em.

Comments on When Ten Cubed Equals Two Large

1. Evan3457
      October 10th, 2010 | 7:09 am

2000 days?

That’s 1,999 days of complaining and one day of celebrating.

{hee hee} ;)

Congratulations Steve; that’s 2000 more days than I’ll ever blog. For as much as I’ve disagreed with you the last few years, I’ve still enjoyed it quite a bit. I’ll miss it when you finally decide you’ve had enough.

In the meantime, kudos.
      ==========================================
      All right, enough of this sentimental hogwash. Start prepping to tell us why the Yanks can’t beat the Rangers/Twins.

Oh, heck, I’m feeling mellow after the sweep. Take a couple of days off; then come back with the anti-Pollyanna stuff.

2. Nick-YF
      October 10th, 2010 | 7:35 am

I haven’t commented here in forever, which doesn’t mean I don’t visit and check out your unique take on things when I get the chance. I just moved far away is all. Anyway, wow! Congratulations and keep it up!

And, of course, let’s go Yankees!

October 10th, 2010 | 9:41 am

Congrats Steve, keep up the good work :)

4. Scout
      October 10th, 2010 | 9:53 am

Always one of my regular visits, if only for a contrarian point of view that I share probably half the time. Thanks for the hard work, by you and now the others who post.

5. Corey Italiano
      October 10th, 2010 | 11:51 am

Congrats Steve, This place has been a great venting ground for everyone and I’m glad it’s around.

6. Jim TreshFan
      October 10th, 2010 | 12:58 pm

On 10/10 Jack Chesbro uncorked a wild pitch, costing the then New York Highlanders their first AL pennant in 1904.

On 10/10 Grover Cleveland Alexander struck out Tony Lazzeri with the bases loaded in game 7 of the 1926 World Series.

On 10/10 Lew Burdette hurled a shutout in game 7 of the 1957 World Series for his third win of that Fall Classic.

On 10/10 George Brett smacked a 3 run homer off Goose Gossage in Game 3 of the 1980 ALCS, leading the Royals to a 3 game sweep in that Series.

On 10/10 Steve Lombardi bowed out as Blogger Supreme at WasWatching.com.

Is it just me, or is there little to be happy about on this particular date?

October 10th, 2010 | 6:49 pm

@ Jim TreshFan:
      I don’t think Steve is quitting, just thanking everyone for stopping by his corner of the web.

8. October 10th, 2010 | 11:05 pm

Thanks to all for the very kind comments – which are all appreciated.

@ Raf:
      Actually, Jim has let the cat out of the bag here a bit. The time has come, after 2,000 days, to put all this here behind me. The door will not be shut entirely. And, at times, I may pop in a bit. But, for the most part, I’m done. It’s been a heckuva run in terms of years and other things. And, I’m proud of it all. Nonetheless, I need and want to focus on other things now.

Everything flows, nothing stands still. Nothing endures but change.

October 11th, 2010 | 12:38 am

@ Steve Lombardi:
      Cool. Good luck and take care. :)

10. October 11th, 2010 | 9:28 am

Thanks Raf. Just to be clear, the blog will remain open – there are other authors here. ;-)

And, I’m not completely retiring. Just scaling back by 96%. :-)