• Ulcer

Posted by on October 15th, 2010 · Comments (10)

I’ve got one.  But I’ll gladly live with it if we get three more wins (and four more after that).  Rivera’s strikeout of Michael Young was vintage, vintage Mariano.

Comments on Ulcer

1. 77yankees
      October 16th, 2010 | 12:01 am

Big props to Joba the Mountie and Moseley for holding Texas for 3 innings and giving them a chance.

2. JeremyM
      October 16th, 2010 | 12:05 am

Dustin Moseley was doing his best Jason Grimsley and Ramiro Mendoza impression. He was really on fire- I think he struck out 3 or 4? Great job, and great seeing Gardner hustle while the first baseman and Wilson were lollygagging.

3. Evan3457
      October 16th, 2010 | 7:21 am

JeremyM wrote:

Including a hellacious “Maddux” that moved from well of the plate inside to knee-high middle-in, actually a neon sign “Crush Me!” meatball location where it wound up, but the movement was so vicious that it froze Hamilton solid at the plate for strike 3 leading off the 7th.

4. Evan3457
      October 16th, 2010 | 7:24 am

MJ wrote:

Rivera’s strikeout of Michael Young was vintage, vintage Mariano.

Me no likey that AB mostly; Mo made several location mistakes with the cutter, and Young was nearly on two of them.

Until the last cutter away. That, me likey very good.

5. #15
      October 16th, 2010 | 7:37 am

Wow, ulcer is right. What a huge win after looking like they were asleep early on. I think there is something to that championship pedigree showing up. Great mental durability showed through last night. Would have been easy to fold up the tent down by 5, on the road, your ace got banged around…. and I think the swagger got knocked down a knotch in Rangers. The players, the coaches, the owner and the fans had that same stunned look they had in Minni last week. “Oh nooo. Not again.” Kerry’s pick-off….. I think Kinsler got distracted by Mystique and Aura sitting in the stands behind first base. Can you imagine the roasting he’d be getting in NY if he were a Yankee and pulled that bonehead move? I’m leaving Houston at ~ 8:00AM local time to carry the flag. If Hughes can come up big today we will be in the drivers seat.

6. redbug
      October 16th, 2010 | 7:42 am

MJ called for gut-wrenching games. This turned out to be one but probably not as he envisioned.

My question? Why didn’t Washington bring in his closer in the 8th? The kid’s 22. He could handle more than 3 9th inning outs.

Fine by me. Dumb by him.

7. MJ Recanati
      October 16th, 2010 | 9:09 am

Evan3457 wrote:

Until the last cutter away. That, me likey very good.

Agreed, the first two foul balls that Young hit were vicious rips. But, like you said, that swing-and-miss strike three was just fantastic. Ball was moving!

8. MJ Recanati
      October 16th, 2010 | 9:11 am

@ #15:
      Have a great time in the Metroplex today! Make sure you represent us well!

9. MJ Recanati
      October 16th, 2010 | 9:12 am

redbug wrote:

Yeah, I figured it would be a close game but I never figured it would take a big comeback after CC got bombed.

October 16th, 2010 | 9:55 am

redbug wrote:

My question? Why didn’t Washington bring in his closer in the 8th?

I think we all know the answer to that.