• Hey, It’s Baseball, Right?

Posted by on October 18th, 2010 · Comments (6)

And, they play the games on the field, and not on paper, no?

So, maybe Cliff Lee implodes this evening or the Yankees just find a way to beat the Rangers ace. And, maybe A.J. Burnett throws a gem in Game 4 as well. Anything can happen, etc., etc.

Hope springs eternal. That’s why we love the game.

Or, is it pretty much a done deal that the Yankees have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel? What do you think?

Comments on Hey, It’s Baseball, Right?

1. G.I. Joey
      October 18th, 2010 | 10:36 am

If the Giants can get to Halladay, I don’t see why the Yanks can’t get to Lee. This game is not an automatic loss.

2. October 18th, 2010 | 11:00 am

I just hope that tonight doesn’t end up like this one:

3. Jim TreshFan
      October 18th, 2010 | 11:40 am

Beating the likes of Cliff Lee and winning behind the likes of A.J. Burnett are just the types of things you should expect from a championship team. No excuses, just win.

4. satchel
      October 18th, 2010 | 1:33 pm

I think someone commented here the other day – the Yankees don’t have to beat Cliff Lee, they just have to beat the Rangers. Tonight’s game could be 1-1 after 7 innings, and if that happens, the Yankees have done a good job of giving themselves a chance to beat the Rangers.

5. BOHAN
      October 18th, 2010 | 5:44 pm

G.I. Joey wrote:

i agree if the worse offense left in the playoffs can get to the best pitcher in the playoffs… anything can happen…. theyre gunna get it tonight

6. Evan3457
      October 18th, 2010 | 7:54 pm

I would say that at this point, the Rangers are slightly better than even money to win the series.

That doesn’t mean “one foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel”, and it doesn’t mean I expect them to win.

I say again what I said yesterday: this game is not a must-win, but if they don’t win it, then tomorrow’s Game 4 becomes must-win.

More or less.