• ALCS Game 6 Thunderstorm Probability: 95%

Posted by on October 22nd, 2010 · Comments (7)

Mike Silva makes a good point. Will Game 6 of the ALCS be rained out for the second year in a row? And, if it is, will Texas come back with Cliff Lee?

Comments on ALCS Game 6 Thunderstorm Probability: 95%

1. MJ Recanati
      October 22nd, 2010 | 10:04 am

According to the link below, from the hours of 7pm to 12am CDT — the prime hours that any baseball game would be played — only shows a 30% chance of rain. Where did you come up with 95%?

Moreover, as long as even one pitch is thrown at 7pm this evening, Cliff Lee won’t appear in Game 6 of the ALCS.

Finally, I’m sick and tired of worrying about Cliff Lee. If we’re facing him, we’re beating his ass. I am less sure about winning Game 6 than I am about winning Game 7. If there’s a Game 7, the Yankees are winning it.

2. October 22nd, 2010 | 10:07 am

Accueather has a 95% chance of T-storms there tonight. I think that’s not the same as the % of rain. I think it means, if it rains, there’s a 95% chance that it will be a T-storm. But, I could be wrong. In any event, the 95% of T-storms was right off the accuweaher forecast for this evening, as of this AM.

3. MJ Recanati
      October 22nd, 2010 | 10:12 am

So, if it rains (30% chance), then there’s a 95% chance that that rain will be accompanied by T-storms? OK, got it.

4. Jim TreshFan
      October 22nd, 2010 | 10:33 am

So that means there’s actually a 28.5% chance of thunderstorms.

5. October 22nd, 2010 | 10:40 am

Hey, I’m not the weather man, I’m just saying what I saw on Accuweather’s site this AM, that’s all.

6. October 22nd, 2010 | 7:16 pm
    7. October 22nd, 2010 | 7:31 pm

I was at the elimination game in Arlington in 1998. There was a three-hour rain delay in the middle, but they still finished the game that night. Wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing happened tonight.