• Why November 18th Stinks

Posted by on November 18th, 2010 · Comments (6)

So I get to my desk and I flip the little baseball calendar to today’s date, Thursday, November 18th.  At the very bottom I notice today’s birthdays:

David Ortiz
    Gary Sheffield
    Tom Gordon

Yuck.  Three guys I just absolutely detest.  Today stinks.  I hope all three find maggots in their birthday cake.

Comments on Why November 18th Stinks

1. jay
      November 18th, 2010 | 2:38 pm

Tom Gordon

Gordon’s NYY numbers:

170.1 IP, 2.38 ERA, 0.98 WHIP.

Yeah, I hate him, too.

2. MJ Recanati
      November 18th, 2010 | 2:59 pm

@ jay:
      Not saying he pitched badly, Jay. Just saying I don’t like him. If we liked everyone that performed well, A-Rod would be the most popular Yankee of the past several years.

November 18th, 2010 | 5:29 pm

MJ Recanti wrote:

Yuck. Three guys I just absolutely detest. Today stinks. I hope all three find maggots in their birthday cake.

LOL

4. jay
      November 18th, 2010 | 6:09 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

@ jay:

Sorry, I didn’t realize you knew Gordon personally. Did he run over your dog? Maybe he trashed your apartment causing you to lose your security deposit?

Funny you mention Rodriguez. There are actually people to whom he *is* the most popular Yankee of the past several years because of his performance, you know, on the baseball field. Go figure.

5. MJ Recanati
      November 19th, 2010 | 9:09 am

@ jay:
      What the hell are you getting so upset about?

I happen to love A-Rod. He’s been my favorite Yankee since he joined the team in 2004.

I don’t see what knowing a guy personally has to do with liking or not liking someone that plays for your team.

Dude, relax. Try decaf or heroin or something. You’re overstimulated.

6. jay
      November 19th, 2010 | 6:03 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

@ jay:
      What the hell are you getting so upset about?

I’m not upset. You should recognize that this form of communication is pretty horrible at capturing tone and inflection.

That’s good. Few NYY fans appreciate the historically great player they have on the team. It sort of makes me sick.

I’ve read countless things about the likability, or lackthereof, of players, which to me, makes no sense. If the guy plays terrible, sure, I don’t like him. If he’s my next door neighbor and his dog craps on my lawn, there’s another good reason to not like him. Yet fans talk about players and say ‘I don’t like that guy, he’s a jerk!’ with no qualification or justification. It’s an especially annoying part of being a Yankee fan, especially when you have to sit next to those people at the stadium.

Dude, relax. Try decaf or heroin or something. You’re overstimulated.

See above.