• 65 Days Until Yankees Pitchers & Catchers Report

Posted by on December 9th, 2010 · Comments (6)

And, at this moment, the Yankees starting rotation is:

CC Sabathia
    A.J. Burnett
    Phil Hughes
    Sergio Mitre
    Ivan Nova

I think Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Pettitte can go a little crazy with their X-mas shopping this year. There’s a ton of money waiting on both their husbands in Yankeeland.

Comments on 65 Days Until Yankees Pitchers & Catchers Report

1. Corey Italiano
      December 9th, 2010 | 5:06 pm

I love how 65 days doesn’t sound all that long. I need more baseball in my life ASAP.

2. #15
      December 9th, 2010 | 5:24 pm

@ Corey Italiano:
      If that’s our starting 5, I can wait a little longer for the season to start. Also, Tex better start BP next week. With that staff, we better be hitting lights out from April to Sept.

3. #15
      December 9th, 2010 | 5:43 pm

One other thought… Since the gloves are off in terms of spending and the “Jedi” now have the same budget as the Evil Empire, I’d go hard after Lee AND seek a multiyear with Rafael Soriano. Great insurance for Mo, and the best 8-9 combo in the the majors (maybe ever?). Plus, with Crawford and A-Gon in the mix in Botox land, we need to add another solid left hand option in the pen. Hank? Hal? Get the pens out and start signing.

I know Boston made some big moves here. On balance A-Gon and Crawford should add up to somewhat more than Beltre and V-Mart. But the big difference between ’10 and ’11 will be having Yukelele and Wolfboy back in the line-up with these other two guys.

We can hit with them and we can play defense with them. The opening for us is to out-pitch them. That will mean Andy, Lee, and some top shelf additons to the pen.

4. Corey Italiano
      December 9th, 2010 | 6:08 pm

@ #15:
      I get your point of view. I dunno, me, I just can’t wait till the season starts regardless…when the Yankees aren’t on part of me feels lost.

Strange, I know.

5. RobertGKramer@AOL.Com
      December 9th, 2010 | 8:37 pm

I’ve already watched seven of the 53 games I saved from the 2010 season!

6. MJ Recanati
      December 10th, 2010 | 10:57 am

#15 wrote:

seek a multiyear with Rafael Soriano

Long term deals with relievers (of the non-Rivera variety) don’t work. There’s no way I’d spend money on a bullpen arm AND give Tampa consolation draft picks on top of that.

Pass on Soriano.