• Happy Holidays!

Posted by on December 23rd, 2010 · Comments (12)

Barring any breaking and hot Yankees-related news, I do not expect to be posting many entries to WasWatching.com over the next few days. Therefore, I wanted to take this time now to wish all the readers of this blog a safe and happy holiday season. It’s been 68 months now that WasWatching.com has been up and running, and, I’ve truly enjoyed all the feedback to this site and its content that you have provided through the years. Thanks for that wonderful present! I hope you all have as much fun (as I’ve had here so far) during your holiday observance.

Look for more stuff after Christmas!

Also, I want to make a special “shout-out” to the following frequent “comment-makers” that we have at WasWatching.com:

Evan3457, Scout, mondoas, UNC Tarheel, Ryan81, MJ, Raf, Corey, jrk, ken, lisaswan, G.I. Joey, EHawk, The Sandman, bfriley76, Jim TreshFan, JeremyM, butchie22, Brent, mwach1, Rich M, bags, clintfsu813, nettles, 77yankees, KPOcala, YankCrank, GDH, #15, BOHAN, sean mcnally, K-V-C, Pete, antone, OldYanksFan, Joseph Maloney and redbug

My sincere thanks to those mentioned above for all their comments, etc., this year. You’ve added a lot to this site and it’s appreciated!

Comments on Happy Holidays!

1. Evan3457
      December 23rd, 2010 | 8:03 am

Thanks, Steve.

The same to you and to all who write and read, or just read, at Was Watching.

2. Corey Italiano
      December 23rd, 2010 | 8:30 am

Happy Holidays all!

3. MJ Recanati
      December 23rd, 2010 | 8:44 am

Ditto! Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all the readers, commenters and fellow writers.

4. jrk
      December 23rd, 2010 | 10:16 am

Happy and healthy Holidays everyone – thanks for the constant entertainment.

December 23rd, 2010 | 10:44 am

Thanks Steve!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season.

6. December 23rd, 2010 | 11:15 am

Thanks all for the well wishes, etc.

May your holidays be wonderful and, again, best wishes for the New Year!

Personally, this has been an interesting holiday season for me.

Six weeks ago, I found out that my job is being eliminated at year-end. And, for a brief time, that had me down. But, then I thought about my neighbor down the street. He’s a year older than me. Back in September, he went in for back surgery and never woke up. He left a wife and three kids, between the ages of 9 and 14, IIRC, behind.

And, recently, I caught up with a friend who I haven’t spoken to in about two years. When we caught up, he told me he was diagnosed with stomach cancer last September. Now he has a feeding tube and just finished five weeks of chemo. Next, he’s doing five weeks of radiation and THEN he may have surgery. He’s a few years older than me – also married with kids.

Lastly, about two weeks ago, I found out that someone who I used to work with – super nice and extremely bright guy – just lost his son. He was 33. He fell down the steps in his house, alone, and they found him dead a couple of days later.

I’m sure these types of stories are not unique. You probably know several like these, yourself. But, they sure do give you perspective right?

Man, there’s a lot worse things in the world to deal with than unemployment, no question. And, that’s why I’m so grateful for what I have, and that’s what I’m celebrating this holiday season.

7. Scout
      December 23rd, 2010 | 11:20 am

@ Steve Lombardi:
      I’m with you all the way on this, Steve. So long as we have our health, good things are possible, even after disappointments.

To all my fellow commentators, then, best wishes for a healthy new year.

8. G.I. Joey
      December 23rd, 2010 | 11:40 am

Thanks Steve and Happy Holidays everyone :) Keep the good times rollin’.

9. nwyank
      December 23rd, 2010 | 11:48 am

Wow Steve. Those are sobering stories.
      Thanks for the great site. I check it often. Wish you the best in your search. Come to Seattle and I’ll do my best to help your plight.

10. clintfsu813
      December 23rd, 2010 | 12:21 pm

Thanks for the shout out. Glad I can bring my love of the Yankees and occasional quips to one and all. :D

December 23rd, 2010 | 12:51 pm

@ Steve Lombardi:
      It has been an interesting year for me as well. Stories like the ones you’ve mentioned tend to give one perspective about the things that are really important in life. And I am thankful every day for the things I have, and the people I have in my life.

Best of luck in your job search, it’s tough out there; I’ve been looking around for a couple of months with no end in sight. Hopefully, things’ll pick up next month.

12. redbug
      December 23rd, 2010 | 6:23 pm

Steve and Raf, I hope you find jobs soon. It’s a stressfull situation to be put out there searching. You’re both clearly very smart and will make any empoyler smarter for having hired you.

Steve, I love this site. I agree w/ you on almost everything Yankee related and I think it’s great that you allow us all to disagree w/ one one another almost always civilly.

For those of you who clebrate, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthty new year. I can’t wait to continue our debates about what’s working and what’s not.