• YES Censoring Affiliated Bloggers?

Posted by on January 26th, 2011 · Comments (11)

I’m a little late to the party on this one. Just saw this news via Greg Cohen.

Shocking? Not really.

This I can share: In the two years that I was a member of the blog network for SportsNet New York’s official website, SNY.tv, from 2008 to 2010, I was never asked – ever – to rescind or retract something that I posted. Stress that: Never, ever – at all.

But, it seems YES has a different policy with their bloggers. Something to keep in mind when you read the YES affiliated bloggers, now, I assume…

If this is all true, you can expect the YES blogs to always feed the fanboy Yankees-blinders and Pinstripe-Pollyanna throng all the pablum that they crave, but, that’s it – and nothing more.

Comments on YES Censoring Affiliated Bloggers?

1. January 26th, 2011 | 9:13 am

Firstly, I would not have killed you to actually link or even mention the TYU story alongside Greg’s link.

Second, from what happened here I think it is pretty clear that RAB and Pinstriped Bible are under different levels of control. PB is hosted on the YES site, which likely gives YES some modicum of editorial control, which is why they edited their article. From what I know of the YES-RAB relationship, this is not the case, and their article was never altered. I think it is an important distinction, as it seems the YES-RAB relationship is much like the SNY-WW arrangement.

2. January 26th, 2011 | 9:17 am

@ yagottagotomo1:
      I gave the H/T to the source where I saw the story. I read SIH. I don’t read TYU. I believe it’s important to “tip” where you got the story – hence the H/T to Greg. But, since it’s obviously important to you to have my recognition, yes, good job on bringing this to light.

3. January 26th, 2011 | 9:21 am

It isn’t a recognition thing, it is a courtesy thing. You’ve been blogging long enough to know the etiquette about this stuff. Don’t worry about it.

4. January 26th, 2011 | 9:44 am

@ yagottagotomo1:
      Hey, look at the positive side, this gives you something else to whine about me on Twitter.

January 26th, 2011 | 9:50 am

This should come as a surprise to no one. Take the man’s money (server pace, whatever) you have to do his dance. Raissman had been taking shots at YES pretty much since it started (remember Al-Yankzeera?)

Now you know why Sterling and Waldman are held in such high esteem @ the YES network. ;)

January 26th, 2011 | 9:51 am

server space…

7. Jake1
      January 26th, 2011 | 3:32 pm

Rab and PB have totally shot their credibility. They have become what they probably bitched about for years about the “mainstream media”. In the pocket of a team. What a joke.

But I’m sure they will cry about Steve on their nonobjective blog and twitter accounts now.

Lombardi is still the only legit objective Yankee blogger.

8. MJ Recanati
      January 27th, 2011 | 7:42 am

Jake1 wrote:

Lombardi is still the only legit objective Yankee blogger.

I know Steve. I like Steve. I like that he has his own ideas and that he has a voice. I agree that he’s an independent blogger/thinker. But Steve is far from objective. Far from it.

I don’t say that as a criticism — it’s fine to be boldly opinionated — but there’s a difference between subjectivity and fact-based assertions. Steve engages in the former and confuses it for the latter. Nothing wrong with that except when one confuses the two.

9. January 27th, 2011 | 8:58 am

Objective means not being influenced by personal feelings. And, yes, that I am not. But, that goes back to the “POKE” thing. This means having “Personality, Opinion, Knowledge and Entertainment.” And, I like to think this blog, and me, do that.

10. MJ Recanati
      January 27th, 2011 | 10:26 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Agree 100%. 200%, even.

January 27th, 2011 | 10:37 am

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Yah, you and you blog do. :D

Been a lot of good discussion here the past few days, and it seems we have a couple new regulars in LMJ229 and Ryan81.