• Jeter Jersey In Demand

Posted by on March 24th, 2011 · Comments (6)

#2 is #1. Via the USA Today

Derek Jeter, Joe Mauer and Roy Halladay top the list of most popular MLB player jerseys heading into the new 2011 season.

The New York Yankees shortstop, Minnesota Twins catcher and Philadelphia Phillies pitching ace rank 1-3 on the list released Wednesday by MLB and the MLB Players Association. The rankings are based on sales of official Majestic jerseys during the 2010 calendar year.

The Phillies boast three players in the Top 10 while the Yankees have two. Here’s the list: 1] Jeter 2] Mauer 3] Halladay 4] Chase Utley, Phillies 5] Cliff Lee, Phillies 6] Albert Pujols, St. Louis Cardinals 7] Josh Hamilton, Texas Rangers 8] Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox 9] Alex Rodriguez, Yankees 10] Tim Lincecum, San Francisco Giants.

The Yankees sell the most licensed merchandise among MLB clubs. The Boston Red Sox are second and the Los Angeles Dodgers third. Here’s the Top 10 list by clubs: 1] Yankees 2] Red Sox 3] Dodgers 4] Phillies 5] Chicago Cubs 6] St. Louis Cardinals 7] Chicago White Sox 8] Atlanta Braves 9] Minnesota Twins 10] Detroit Tigers

Comments on Jeter Jersey In Demand

March 24th, 2011 | 3:12 pm

I never would’ve guessed Joe Mauer at #2

2. MJ Recanati
      March 24th, 2011 | 3:19 pm

Raf wrote:

I never would’ve guessed Joe Mauer at #2

Me neither.

3. Evan3457
      March 24th, 2011 | 5:49 pm

In demand?

Not by me, but then, I don’t buy “teamwear”.

4. 77yankees
      March 24th, 2011 | 7:40 pm

I presume all those Twin Cities fans scooped up those Mauer jerseys once he signed long term.

If Cliff Lee is on the list for the year 2010 – what jerseys of his sold? Mariners? Rangers? Phillies? Or all three?

5. YankCrank
      March 24th, 2011 | 10:25 pm

Jersey t-shirts are my style. Only $20, easy to wash when you spill beer on them and replaceable when the player moves on.

6. MJ Recanati
      March 25th, 2011 | 7:21 am

YankCrank wrote:

Bingo. The t-shirts are great. At the bottom of one of my drawers lie the Gary Sheffield and Melky Cabrera ones, never to be worn again. At the top are the Pettitte, Mattingly, Mantle, O’Neill and Ruth ones that get cycled through at least once every two weeks.

I only own two “real” jerseys, the home 2003 Clemens #22 with the 100 Year Anniversary patch and I picked up a gray roadie with #42 on the back. I’ll never buy another jersey again and I’m fine with that.