• $31.71 To Park At Yankees Games In 2011

Posted by on March 28th, 2011 · Comments (11)

Hard to believe the same parking garages were charging $13 to park in 2006. But, it’s true. That’s quite an increase in just 5 years.

And, it’s worse if you use the Yankees on-line advance parking site. Then, it will cost you $40.55 to park once you add the taxes and handling fee:

Parking Subtotal:                          $31.71
    Service Fee:                                $5.55
    NY State Sales / Parking Tax (10.375%):     $3.29

Total Charges:                             $40.55

Comments on $31.71 To Park At Yankees Games In 2011

1. MJ Recanati
      March 28th, 2011 | 11:43 am

Ugh. More than ever, the only way to get to the games is by boat/train/bus. Paying $40 in parking plus $10 in tolls just doesn’t seem worth it, even if a commute from central NJ is a hassle via public transportation.

March 28th, 2011 | 1:12 pm

That’s just crazy… And on top of that, it’s a pretty penny go to the games themselves. Glad I live close to a Metro-North stop. Or I can take the subway if need be.

3. redbug
      March 28th, 2011 | 4:53 pm

If you live in NJ take the train to the subway. Cost is under $20.

4. YankCrank
      March 28th, 2011 | 6:32 pm

I’ll be there Thursday… getting drunk on the train on the way to the game.

$30+ for parking? Screw that noise.

5. LMJ229
      March 28th, 2011 | 9:24 pm

This is why some Yankee fans are so obnoxiously demanding. Considering the ridiculous amount we pay to see a game we expect perfection.

6. Evan3457
      March 29th, 2011 | 1:14 am

Subway not an option for me. Car much more convenient. I guess I’ll just go to fewer games until the Yanks figure out a way to get the parking people to cut this crap out.

7. Ryan81
      March 29th, 2011 | 2:25 pm

LMJ229 wrote:

This. This is exactly why nobody every one of Cash’s moves gets dissected to no end. I mean $30 parking, $10 beer, $60 tickets: that’s $100. I’d be pretty pissed off if the day you save up for to spend $100 for the basics at a Yankee game is ruined because Ivan Nova can’t get out of the 4th inning. (not to take away from the article at hand or anything)

8. MJ Recanati
      March 29th, 2011 | 2:54 pm

Ryan81 wrote:

So then go on the day that CC Sabathia is pitching.

I’m not saying that to be facetious or a jerk, I’m being serious: the Yankees can afford to showcase Sabathia, Rodriguez, Jeter, Teixeira, Cano, Posada and, hopefully, Rivera on Opening Day. We’re talking about a couple of Hall of Famers and a bunch of multiple All-Stars here. If that’s not worth the price of admission, etc. then I don’t know what is?

Is it better to get a bargain in Houston or Baltimore — big market cities with small market owners and payrolls — and watch a bunch of players you wouldn’t want to even pay to see?

The grass is always greener, folks. When I was in high school, Yankee Stadium was dead empty because no one wanted to watch Kevin Maas, Matt Nokes, Oscar Azocar, Hensley Meulens, Mel Hall, Luis Polonia and Melido Perez…

9. 77yankees
      March 29th, 2011 | 8:55 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

Hey, the Yanks had competitive years in the 80s where they’d draw 18,000. Check out the footage on Yankeeography shows on Mattingly or Winfield with them hitting homers into empty rows of royal blue seats.

10. MJ Recanati
      March 30th, 2011 | 8:07 am

77yankees wrote:

True, the Yankees had a couple of decent teams in the 80′s and still couldn’t draw.

But that doesn’t take away from my point that if fans complain about the costs associated with attending Yankee games in person, they might want to consider the alternatives. You can get to Kauffman Stadium in KC in 20 minutes, probably park for under $15, eat and drink like it’s Thanksgiving Day at $20 and sit in fantastic seats for $50. And what do you get for your value? You live in Kansas City and get lucky if Billy Butler is in the lineup that day. No thanks.

11. ctkaiser
      July 13th, 2011 | 2:50 pm

Try http://www.parkwhiz.com gets you parking at indoor lots at Grand Concourse and 165th St.(valet) or Gateway Center (self park)currently both are $25 (I’ve seen it as low as $22). Prepay by creditcard online. I’ve used it at least six times this season and never a problem plus the 165th St location puts you away from Stadium traffic.