• Happy 6th Birthday, WasWatching.com

Posted by on April 20th, 2011 · Comments (8)

Six years ago today, WasWatching.com was born.

Six years of blogging on the Yankees?  Yup, it’s true.

Wow. Thanks to all for their interest in WasWatching.com over these past 2,191 days and 10,841 entries. Man, the time has gone by fast…

Comments on Happy 6th Birthday, WasWatching.com

1. jgueli
      April 20th, 2011 | 1:34 am

Congrats Steve, awesome achievement and incredible dedication. Always curious, where did you come up with the name? Does it have any personal significance?

2. April 20th, 2011 | 5:38 am

@ jgueli:
      Thanks. Follow the link in this entry. It tells the story behind the name.

3. Scout
      April 20th, 2011 | 6:06 am

We all owe a debt to Steve and the other posters for sparking thoughtful conversations and (sometimes) sharp disagreements. Livens up the day throughout the year.

April 20th, 2011 | 7:13 am

Happy Birthday, waswatching.com!

Thanks for your time and dedication, Steve. I know this is your passion, but did you think you’d be doing this for this long?

5. April 20th, 2011 | 8:48 am

Raf wrote:

Good question. I remember starting this up, like it was yesterday. I just finished my book – it was published and available for sale 8 days after WasWatching launched. But, I never thought of it as being something that I would do for “X” amount of time. I suppose that I always knew it would not be long-lived. NetShrine.com only lasted about 7 years. And, the last few of that were dry. I did writing for a site called Express Stats before WW and a little before NetShrine too – where I gave rotisserie advice – and that only lasted a few years. Basically, I get bored with things after a while. And, of course, times change. “Blogging” now, and over the last few years, is TOTALLY different than when I started in 2005. And, that’s just not in terms of the number, format, and types of blogs – but, the audience and expectations too. In any event, to answer your question, I had no idea that, when I started this, six years later, the blog would still be going, albeit not at the scale of when it first started. Six years is a very long time. Can’t believe my kids were just 1 and 3 when I started this, which they were, and now they’re 7 and 9. That’s like night and day.

6. nwyank
      April 20th, 2011 | 10:00 am

Great job Steve. Always read your blog. We are of similar age so we share much the same Yankee history and perspective (though I’m a little easier on Cashman). It’s been highly entertaining, has it not? From Horace Clarke to Robbie Cano and all kinds of craziness in between.
      Come visit the west coast; you’ll be treated a great stadium in Seattle and first rate beer. If you drink.

7. Evan3457
      April 20th, 2011 | 10:56 am

Congratulations, Steve. It’s been fun the last 4 years or so for me. Thanks for providing a place where we can agree (sometimes) and (mostly) disagree without excessive rancor.

8. April 20th, 2011 | 9:39 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words, y’all.