• Bob Lorenz & John Flaherty Working Yanks Series In Motown

Posted by on May 2nd, 2011 · Comments (9)

I guess the rest of the YES boys don’t want to spend four days in Detroit, if they can avoid it.

Comments on Bob Lorenz & John Flaherty Working Yanks Series In Motown

1. 77yankees
      May 2nd, 2011 | 7:02 pm

Lorenz & Flaherty > Sterling & Waldman

Then again, Bert & Ernie would be > Sterling & Waldman.

May 2nd, 2011 | 7:41 pm

Steve Lombardi wrote:

Can you blame them? :D

3. YankCrank
      May 2nd, 2011 | 7:48 pm

I’ve been to Detroit, I don’t blame them.

4. jrk
      May 2nd, 2011 | 8:59 pm

The area by the stadiums (Comerica, Joe Louis, and Ford Field) is actually nice and enjoyable. The MGM Grand casino is nice too. And I personally think Comerica is a great park (as is Ford Field, for that matter.) But yah, outside that small area it’s a piece of shit.

Well…unless you venture 30 minutes to Ann Arbor to see the best University in the country :)

5. MJ Recanati
      May 2nd, 2011 | 9:26 pm

jrk wrote:

Uh oh…I’m a Buckeyes fan so please don’t make me break out into song!

6. YankCrank
      May 2nd, 2011 | 10:48 pm

MJ Recanati wrote:

jrk wrote:
      Uh oh…I’m a Buckeyes fan so please don’t make me break out into song!

Uh oh… I’m an Irish fan so you both can… nevermind. :)

7. redbug
      May 3rd, 2011 | 5:38 am

I’ll take Lorenz over Kay any time. Actually, almost anyone over Kay.

8. bags
      May 3rd, 2011 | 9:17 am

i grew up in detroit. what’s happened to it is really sad. 40 years ago it was the epitome of the american dream. a lot of what’s happened to Detroit is self-inflicted. but not all of it is.

i could give you a list of great places to go in detroit for 36 hours or so. you’d have a helluva good time. after that, you’d want the hell out.

May 3rd, 2011 | 9:27 am

@ bags:
      It’s an interesting city if you like old architecture. Having said that, from my visits there, Detroit’s city center is the problem. Things get better once you get out of the few blocks surrounding downtown Detroit.