• W

Posted by on May 17th, 2011 · Comments (9)

Finally.

Order, peace and calm are restored in Yankeeland. (At least until the next game.)

Comments on W

1. Evan3457
      May 17th, 2011 | 9:17 pm

…and your son will have something nice to wake up to. :)

2. clintfsu813
      May 17th, 2011 | 9:17 pm

It just takes 1. Boston and Tampa were both 0-8 once upon a time.

3. May 18th, 2011 | 9:12 am

@ Evan3457: Actually, he told me this AM!

When he woke up, I said “Dude, the Yankees WON last night!” and he said “I know, six to one, I heard the last out just before I fell asleep.”

4. Corey Italiano
      May 18th, 2011 | 11:54 am

Posada continues to swing the hot bat since Texas…

5. MJ Recanati
      May 18th, 2011 | 12:16 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

Posada continues to swing the hot bat since Texas…

He’s .275/.383/.350 in the month of May (47 PA) and .385/.500/.462 (16 PA) since Texas.

Making contact is an improvement over not making contact but suddenly the power is gone (only 3 XBH total since his last HR on 4/23/11 vs. BAL). 3 XBH in 66 PA isn’t exactly lighting the world on fire…

6. Corey Italiano
      May 18th, 2011 | 12:18 pm

@ MJ Recanati:
      I’ve seen him hit the ball hard in most of his AB’s since Texas (and including Texas). I’m not ready to say his power is gone.

7. MJ Recanati
      May 18th, 2011 | 1:04 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

I didn’t say his power is gone, I just said that his recent improvement in the month of May hasn’t coincided with any power. Perhaps power will come back, perhaps it won’t. Maybe he’s trading contact for power, who knows?

Anyway, as far as I’m concerned, Posada is dead to me. He and Joba can go lick eachother’s nuts in hell.

8. BOHAN
      May 18th, 2011 | 3:24 pm

One step at a time with Jorge… getting hits is step one once he starts hitting consistently then worry bout power

9. MJ Recanati
      May 18th, 2011 | 8:42 pm

BOHAN wrote:

Agreed. Ideally he puts it all together in a few weeks’ time and most of this unpleasantness can be forgotten.