• Buffalo Bisons South Take 1st Game Of 2011 Subway Series From $200 MM Yankees

Posted by on May 20th, 2011 · Comments (19)

Ugh.

How embarrassing…

Oh, well, I guess you can’t play the Baltimore Orioles everyday?

Yankees are now 23-20 on the season.  That’s 6-0 when playing the O’s and 17-20 when playing teams other than Baltimore.

Comments on Buffalo Bisons South Take 1st Game Of 2011 Subway Series From $200 MM Yankees

1. May 20th, 2011 | 8:58 pm

How long have you been sitting on this blog title, Steve? You got this up JUST after the last strikeout.

2. Evan3457
      May 20th, 2011 | 9:32 pm

You might wanna tell that to the Rays, Steve, because they just dropped two of three to the O’s last weekend.

At home.

3. Jim TreshFan
      May 21st, 2011 | 12:12 am

Brent wrote:

Don’t know. How long were you waiting for him?

For myself, I have 3 brothers that are die hard Mets fans, so I turned off my cell.

4. redbug
      May 21st, 2011 | 4:57 am

I could care less when the Yanks play the Mets. Losing to them is like losing to anyone else.

5. May 21st, 2011 | 6:21 am

@ Brent:
      You think the guys in the press box wait until the final out of the game to start writing their copy?

May 21st, 2011 | 7:46 am

redbug wrote:

Losing to them is like losing to anyone else.

Yep. The novelty of interleague play wore off a long time ago.

7. 77yankees
      May 21st, 2011 | 8:15 am

After listening to years of taunts in the late 90s to the effect of “Just hope you never play us in the World Series.” from Met fans, suffice to say October of 2000 shut them up for a long time.

And if not you can just taunt them with Beltran’s called third strike, zero no-hitters in 50 years, Citi Dump, and Bernie Madoff.

May 21st, 2011 | 8:30 am

The same comments from the New Era commercial apply to Mets fans when discussing the “rivalry” between the organizations.

9. ken
      May 21st, 2011 | 10:13 am

I hear that Gardner has brought his average up the past few weeks. But seems to me that whenever he is hitting with runners on base in an important moment he never gets a hit. I tolerate him because of defense and he has made some great catches in LF. But I see him as a bigger rally-killer than anyone else on the team, the Captain included.

10. Jim TreshFan
      May 21st, 2011 | 11:18 am

77yankees wrote:

I agree. Just like October 2004 shut up Yankee fans for a long time.

11. 77yankees
      May 21st, 2011 | 11:29 am

@ Jim TreshFan:

However, with the recent release of one of the depositions from one of the 1919 Black Sox suggesting the Cubs may have thrown the 1918 World Series the year before, we can come to one conclusion:

The Red Sox still haven’t won an untainted World Series since 1917.

12. May 21st, 2011 | 11:39 am

@ Jim TreshFan:

It came simulatously on my Twitter account at the same time as my Yankee followers were lamenting K-Rod’s strikeout.

I’m with redbug and Raf on this one though: the novelty of Interleague Play (sans Cubs/Dodgers) has definitely worn off on me.

13. Jim TreshFan
      May 21st, 2011 | 11:45 am

@ 77yankees:
      Interesting. But it’s not news. The issue was raised in “Babe Ruth and the 1918 Red Sox” by Allan Wood (Writer’s Club Press, 2000) See Chapter 28: “The Fix?,” pp 335-370. Then again when was the last legitimate Yankees World Championship?

14. Greg H.
      May 21st, 2011 | 6:45 pm

I just hate losing to crappy teams, an ever changing group for which the Metropolitans have become something of a poster child.

I also hate when the Yanks lose to a knuckleballer. And it’s typical baseball, but when they score a zillion runs one night and one run the next, it drives me nuts.

BTW, watching these games this week from Tokyo, Japan, where they air live at 8AM (next day real time). Pretty cool. One thing I really like about the coverage here is that instead of jumping right to commercials after the third out, they do a quick review of the inning. Very useful if you somehow missed a key play.

15. May 21st, 2011 | 10:03 pm

Tokyo? Vac-kay?

16. Greg H.
      May 22nd, 2011 | 4:27 am

Family visit vacation. My wife’s family is here in Tokyo.

17. May 22nd, 2011 | 8:54 am

Scary to be there now? Or, are you not near the parts that were hit?

May 22nd, 2011 | 12:39 pm

@ Greg H.:
      Very cool! Will you be able to take in any games?

I saw some flight specials there, but was not able to take advantage of them.

19. 77yankees
      May 22nd, 2011 | 12:41 pm

Jim TreshFan wrote:

@ 77yankees:

Yankees legitimate World Championships > Boston’s……

Any way you slice it. :-)