• Deja CC?

Posted by on July 18th, 2011 · Comments (9)

Why is it, every time I hear some Yankees fan say (now) that CC Sabathia will sign with the Yankees again, after he opts out, no question, I feel like these are the same Yankees fans who, this time last year, swore that Carl Crawford would sign with the Yankees (to play in 2011) without a doubt?

Comments on Deja CC?

1. clintfsu813
      July 18th, 2011 | 12:44 pm

Little different with CC. We already have him. Don’t think Yanks went after Crawford anyhow. Why would CC leave? Yanks will have biggest offer and he’s established himself in NY already.

2. Scout
      July 18th, 2011 | 1:45 pm

Actually, I think they’re the same fans who were sure Cliff Lee would sign with the Yankees…. :-)

3. July 18th, 2011 | 2:31 pm

@ Scout: Yeah, them too!

4. clintfsu813
      July 18th, 2011 | 3:11 pm

Same fans who though we’d sign CC AND Tex? Guess they can’t always be wrong, huh?

5. July 18th, 2011 | 3:34 pm

Heads we win, tails someone else loses?

July 18th, 2011 | 5:08 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

CC, certainly, but Teix came out of nowhere.

July 18th, 2011 | 5:11 pm

Agreed, the big difference between the Crawford/Lee and Sabathia situations is that CC already plays for the Yanks, so there’s no known unknowns on his end.

8. LMJ229
      July 18th, 2011 | 10:12 pm

clintfsu813 wrote:

I agree.

9. LMJ229
      July 18th, 2011 | 10:20 pm

I was never in the Crawford camp. Personally, I don’t think he could handle the pressure of playing in NY. Remember when Dickerson threw him out to end the game when he was trying to advance to third on a fly ball to RF? After the game, Posada said he was “surprised” to see Crawford trying to advance on the play. Nothing terribly insulting there. But Crawford pitched a fit and said, among other things, “Why don’t you tell him to worry about his own club?” That right there showed me that he had thin skin and from then on I did not want to see him in pinstripes.