• Bosox Looking To Deal With Phillies Or Giants?

Posted by on July 25th, 2011 · Comments (6)

I was at the Augusta GreenJackets/Lakewood BlueClaws game last night. Sitting two rows in front of me was a guy with a radar gun and what seemed like a ton of chart printouts. I told my kids that he was a scout and asked them if they wanted to go talk to him. (This was before the game started.) They did – and he told them he was working for the Red Sox.

Could be nothing…could be something. Who knows?

Comments on Bosox Looking To Deal With Phillies Or Giants?

July 25th, 2011 | 4:09 pm

Due diligence, though I don’t know enough about either system to know how well the Phils-Sox/Giants-Sox match up.

All 3 teams are in first place and need to be fine tuned, but it would appear that, say, Carlos Beltran would be a better fit for any of the 3 clubs. Perhaps the Sox are looking for a way to foist Drew on someone? If that were the case, it’d be the Giants who would probably be interested.

Of course, can’t discount the possibility of a 3-way deal either.

2. July 25th, 2011 | 4:47 pm

There were only four guns to be seen at the park yesterday:

Two SP from the BlueClaws, in street clothes, charting pitches. Two SP from the GreenJackets, also dressed casual, charting pitches.

And, then there was “our” scout – sitting by us. And, once other guy a few more seats over, with a gun too.

So, there were only two scouts working the game, as far as I could tell.

Granted, it’s a Low-A game. But, you’d think there would be more than two…

July 25th, 2011 | 6:01 pm

There may be a low level trade on the horizon, I didn’t factor that into my calculus.

4. BOHAN
      July 25th, 2011 | 11:22 pm

@ Raf:
      Drew is heading to the DL so he’s not going anywhere.

July 26th, 2011 | 12:44 am

@ BOHAN: PTBNL

6. 77yankees
      July 26th, 2011 | 10:54 pm

Who knows – they may be scouting for a future (off season) deal.