• Ricky Nolasco

Posted by on July 27th, 2011 · Comments (6)

Hey, Cash at least tried.

And, this shows that the Yankees know they need another starting pitcher.

Comments on Ricky Nolasco

July 27th, 2011 | 5:28 pm

I don’t know how credible a source Sherman is, but from MLBTraderumors;

As of yesterday, the Reds were the most motivated Jimenez suitor and the Red Sox were more seriously inquiring than the Yankees, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post. Still, the Rockies appear amenable to doing a Jimenez deal for three of these Yankee youngsters: Manny Banuelos, Dellin Betances, Jesus Montero, and Ivan Nova. The Yankees, however, are hesistant to even include two. Ownership is not pushing Yankees GM Brian Cashman to make a deadline splash, writes Sherman, and the front office is more focused on relievers.

If it takes two of the 4 to get a deal done for Jimenez, I’d make that deal. Which two? Not quite sure :)

July 27th, 2011 | 5:42 pm

The White Sox and Jays may not be going anywhere, but it’s nice to see a large 3 way trade happen. Good for the Cardinals too, bolstering their team for the stretch run.

Good for the Jints, adding Beltran too (provided Beltran agrees).

3. LMJ229
      July 27th, 2011 | 10:16 pm

Raf wrote:

Me too. If they require a third prospect I’d offer Noesi or Brackman.

4. Evan3457
      July 27th, 2011 | 11:53 pm

Raf wrote:

I don’t know how credible a source Sherman is, but from MLBTraderumors;

Betances, Nova and two lesser, but still valuable prospects.

Hold on to Montero and Banuelos as long as you can.

July 28th, 2011 | 12:36 am

Evan3457 wrote:

Betances, Nova and two lesser, but still valuable prospects.
      Hold on to Montero and Banuelos as long as you can.

I would say Betances or Nova and two lesser prospects, or maybe Betannces and Nova and a lesser prospect.

6. BOHAN
      July 28th, 2011 | 2:23 am

Raf wrote:

I’d give up Montero and Betances. Nova is already ML ready and can help us now and I’m not giving up Banuelos unless I’m getting Felix. I think Betances ends up being a RP maybe CL in the future and I personally like Romine more then Montero