• Yankees Colon Blowing

Posted by on August 19th, 2011 · Comments (11)

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but, in his last 8 starts, the Yankees Bartolo Colon is 2-4 with an ERA of 4.91 (in 40.3 IP).  Worse, in that span, he’s faced 185 batters and allowed a BA/OBA/SLG line of .310/.373/.518 (in these 8 games).

Yes, the league is sticking it to the Yankees Colon when he’s on the mound (since July 7th).

So, who is the Yankees #2 starter in this post-season after CC Sabathia?

Comments on Yankees Colon Blowing

1. G.I. Joey
      August 19th, 2011 | 3:19 pm

At this point I would have to say it’s Ivan Nova. I’ve been really impressed, as have alot of people, with his poise on the mound, but can this kid handle the big playoff games? TBD.

2. August 19th, 2011 | 3:46 pm

G.I. Joey wrote:

That’s a lot of pressure on the kid – esp. if CC does not win Game 1. And, you don’t want to find yourself down 0-2 in a 5 game LDS.

3. August 19th, 2011 | 3:48 pm

FWIW, I always thought Game 2 was the biggest game in the LDS. You’re either 1-0 or 0-1 heading into it. And, you don’t want to be 0-2 and would love to be 2-0, if you can.

4. Mishka
      August 19th, 2011 | 3:50 pm

By the time PS rolls around, Colon could be 5-1 with a sub 3 ERA since , so it’s sort of all a moot point now, no?

5. August 19th, 2011 | 4:20 pm

Mishka wrote:

Hey, and, come to think of it, if my Aunt had balls, she could be my Uncle!

August 19th, 2011 | 4:51 pm

He may sit the PS out; the 1996 Doc Gooden memorial role…

At any rate, I seriously doubt that Burnett won’t get a game 2 start.

7. Garcia
      August 19th, 2011 | 5:26 pm

Raf wrote:

At any rate, I seriously doubt that Burnett won’t get a game 2 start.

Please take that back! Please! The horror of even one Yankee fan thinking that way is scary. The Yanks would basically be saying, please come and beat our ass if they did that.

I would be happy with Colon as our #2 or even Nova.

8. redbug
      August 19th, 2011 | 6:02 pm

@ Garcia:

I don’t want Burnett either. But, agree w/ GI Joey re putting a lot of pressure on Nova. Colon ceratainly hasn’t been as good as he was before he got hurt. I think a good hitting team would be tough for Garcia. This is where we obviously miss Andy.

August 19th, 2011 | 6:26 pm

Garcia wrote:

I’m looking at it more from a “proven veteran” over “untested rookie” view. Burnett’ll probably get the start because he’s “been there before” or some other nonsense.

10. JeremyM
      August 19th, 2011 | 10:58 pm

Here’s to Hughes putting himself in the conversation….

11. Evan3457
      August 19th, 2011 | 11:07 pm

His poor game against the Royals was the first bad game Colon pitched in 6 starts.