• Joe Girardi’s August 20, 2011 Post-Game

Posted by on August 20th, 2011 · Comments (11)

Well, it was not up there with Lee Elia or Tommy Lasorda, but, Joey Looseleaf lost his cool in this one, didn’t he?

Comments on Joe Girardi’s August 20, 2011 Post-Game

1. 77yankees
      August 21st, 2011 | 12:35 am

Thought Girardi was going to start chanting REDRUM!! REDRUM!! there for a minute.

But really, the YES Network kept pushing this from the time A.J. left the game until his post game presser.

2. redbug
      August 21st, 2011 | 6:22 am

And it wasn’t the 1st time AJ had something to say to Girardi when he took the him out of the game. He did it on 8/3, the Yanks were leading 13 – 1, AJ gave up his 7th run when Joe came to take him out.

It’s always someone else’s fault w/ AJ, or like last night, it was just a “hiccup”.

3. August 21st, 2011 | 7:16 am

I was really disappointed in Joe last night. He could have handled that a lot better – even if he wants to lie about what happened.

Someone with his experience should have shown better judgement in how to react.

August 21st, 2011 | 10:44 am

Either there’s something up with my browser, or the clip was taken down. Did Girardi snap?

At any rate, if he got testy, or whatever, I agree that he should’ve known better.

5. August 21st, 2011 | 10:56 am

Clip still works for me

August 21st, 2011 | 11:00 am

Steve L. wrote:

Clip still works for me

Thanks. Must be a browser issue on my end.

7. KPOcala
      August 21st, 2011 | 11:45 am

@ Raf: Raf, worked on IE but not Chrome, at least for me…

8. KPOcala
      August 21st, 2011 | 12:06 pm

Imagine if a young version of Billy Marin had been treated to Burnett’s witty words on the mound. Burnett would have “slipped” and broken his jaw while going to the clubhouse. He’d be drinking smoothies between appearances…

Actually I was glad that Joe showed some emotion, I just wish that he hadn’t covered Burnett’s, ah, buttocks…………

August 21st, 2011 | 2:31 pm

KPOcala wrote:

I don’t know about that; Martin didn’t do too well against Whitson when they squared off.

10. LMJ229
      August 21st, 2011 | 4:01 pm

This isn’t the first time Joe has gotten short with the media and I’m sure it won’t be the last. I can’t stand when managers go off on the reporters. A legitimate question was asked. It should have been answered with honesty and without hostility.

11. KPOcala
      August 21st, 2011 | 10:35 pm

@ Raf:
      I don’t recall the pitcher’s name, but when Martin was managing the Twins he had a fight under the stands with a really big guy. The pitcher was drinking smoothies for awhile….Of course Martin was pretty much a low-life, but he had ‘fists of fury’….