• I Miss Scott Brosius

Posted by on September 22nd, 2011 · Comments (6)

So, the MLB Network, right now, is playing clips from the 2001 World Series. And, then I see Brosius.

I miss that guy. Paulie and Tino too. Heck, most of those guys from 1998-2001 were special dudes.

Not the best players in the game. Not OPS+ gods. Just a good bunch of ballplayers. They were so easy to root for…

Comments on I Miss Scott Brosius

1. tanzo
      September 22nd, 2011 | 6:13 pm

If Brosius would have not hesitated, they would have gotten the double play and it would have been a save for MO.

2. 77yankees
      September 22nd, 2011 | 8:56 pm

Here’s an article today about Chuck Knoblauch. After reading it I honestly didn’t know whether to feel happy for or sorry for him.

Thinking about his time with the Yankees from my point of view, while the trade for him didn’t yield the All Star player they thought they were getting, he was still the leadoff hitter for a team that won three straight World Championships and was two outs away from a fourth.

3. LMJ229
      September 22nd, 2011 | 9:34 pm

Interesting article. Too bad he won’t come back to the stadium for OTD. I think the fans would give him a nice ovation and he would enjoy that.

4. cr1
      September 22nd, 2011 | 11:39 pm

Remembering Scotty ‘the claw’ with a smile, that bare hand reaching out precisely, just at the grasstops…

5. September 23rd, 2011 | 6:31 am

tanzo wrote:

I’ve looked at this one many, many, times – and I’m still not 100% sure he would have gotten the DP. It would have been close, IMHO. And, it’s not like he totally screwed up and missed the 2nd out. IIRC, Torre had a hand in this too – telling the players to just be sure and get the one out.

6. clintfsu813
      September 23rd, 2011 | 12:01 pm

I agree about Paulie, Tino, and Scott. They WERE easy to root for. I think alot of the current team is too. We have such a great mix of vets and kids to go with a strong farm. I like our chances to continue our playoffs run for a good while.