• The Hangover

Posted by on September 23rd, 2011 · Comments (8)

On one hand, I totally understand why this one was so sloppy.  But, on the other hand, it’s a tad upsetting that the Yanks couldn’t put up a better showing in this game.

How did you feel about this effort last night?

Comments on The Hangover

1. 77yankees
      September 23rd, 2011 | 9:54 am

Well, there’s no sense of urgency at this point, being the magic number is 2 to clinch home field through the ALCS, so I just chalk it up to being “one of those 60 games you lose”.

With tonight possibly being a rain out, they’ll probably have a DH Sunday, so we’ll probably see a lineup like last night’s for one of those games too.

2. KPOcala
      September 23rd, 2011 | 11:21 am

What happened about the concept of “owing” playoff contenders at the integrity of trying to win games? Unless I’ve stepped off the reality bus this sort of thing would have had people howling a few years ago. Of course there is a big part of me that thinks, “screw you guys, we’re in the playoffs and we need to get healthy”. So much for sportsmanship and sports morality……..Pretty sad in a way.

3. Jim TreshFan
      September 23rd, 2011 | 11:23 am

Colon was lousy. The rest didn’t matter.

4. 77yankees
      September 23rd, 2011 | 11:54 am

@ KPOcala:

Valid point, but I think the line drawn would be if the Yankees went “all in” against Boston and then played the SWB lineup against Tampa next week if the WC was still in doubt. Or vice versa. Then I think a fan of that team should be pi–ed.

Right now I think Girardi is adopting the split squad spring training rule, which requires you to bring half your starting lineup for those road games. So we’ll basically see half the lineup in one game, then the other half in the next.

5. Evan3457
      September 23rd, 2011 | 12:11 pm

Largely irrelevant.

I mean, come on, Jeter made two horrendous errors he never makes. He threw a ball into the Field MVP seats for Pete’s sake.

And if Jeter’s that far off, and Matt Moore is on, and the Rays are desperate, well, that what happens.

I’m actually amazed the “D” lineup scored 8 runs and amassed 12 hits in 4 innings. Doesn’t say much for the Rays’ pen, I’ll tell you that.

6. September 23rd, 2011 | 2:04 pm

77yankees wrote:

Looking that way – we should know by 3 pm

Boy, is RSN going to whine about that.

7. redbug
      September 23rd, 2011 | 5:47 pm

There’s rain in the forecast for several days. I hope the Yanks don’t get forced into playing the Red Sox or Tampa after the regular season to determine who gets the WC.

September 23rd, 2011 | 8:31 pm