• Soxy Serendipity

Posted by on September 24th, 2011 · Comments (7)

As great as it is to see the Boston Red Sox tank this September, standalone on it’s own merits, I must admit that I’m also digging how much it’s bringing cause for the media to resurrect and mention what the Mets did in 2007.

Comments on Soxy Serendipity

1. Scout
      September 24th, 2011 | 7:55 pm

Couldn’t happen to two nicer teams….

2. 77yankees
      September 24th, 2011 | 10:28 pm

Funnier how the Sox are pooh poohing this disconnect between Theo & Francona as B.S., which was reported by the ultimate Fenway cheerleader, Pedro Gammons.

September 24th, 2011 | 11:54 pm

Another h/t from fangraphs

4. LMJ229
      September 25th, 2011 | 12:11 am

@ Raf:
      Yeah but what if the Yanks lay down for them? It’s funny how the Yanks control the destiny of both teams. If the Yanks continue to play hard against Boston then lie down for the Rays, the Rays will likely sneak in.

5. LMJ229
      September 25th, 2011 | 12:24 am

Raf wrote:

Another h/t from fangraphs
      http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/gallery/2011/who_to_blame/I still say that the Sox make it; they face the O’s while the Rays face the Yanks. I don’t see the Rays sweeping the Yanks, which is what it may take.

Pretty funny. They blame nearly everyone on the team, including their MVP prospect, the manager and the GM!

September 25th, 2011 | 9:20 am

LMJ229 wrote:

I don’t see the Yanks laying down to the Rays, remember, a couple of nights ago, the Yanks’ ‘B’ team still scored 8 runs off Rays pitching.

I think Maddon will manage each game like the 7th game of the World Series. Girardi doesn’t have the same incentive. I still don’t see the Rays getting past the Sox, though a DH sweep of the Sox will go a long way towards helping the Rays.

7. Corey Italiano
      September 25th, 2011 | 10:15 am

LMJ229 wrote:

Let’s be real here. If the Yanks had tanked in Sept, we’d be blaming Granderson, Girardi and Cashman no?