• Game 5 = Game 2

Posted by on September 27th, 2011 · Comments (6)

We know that CC Sabathia is starting Game 1 of the 2011 ALDS for the Yankees.  And, he’ll probably come back on three days rest and pitch Game 4, if necessary.  But, if CC does that, then whomever will pitch Game 2 for the Yankees will come back and pitch Game 5, if necessary, on October 6th.

I suppose that you could hold Sabathia and have him pitch Game 5 on five days rest.  But, then you have to use a whole bunch of other starters in between – and you don’t want that to happen.

This said, who would rather have starting in a Game 5, winner-take-all, Ivan Nova or Freddy Garcia?  Once you know, then that’s your #2 starter for the Yankees behind CC this ALDS.

Comments on Game 5 = Game 2

1. BOHAN
      September 27th, 2011 | 5:45 pm

Nova without a doubt.

2. BOHAN
      September 27th, 2011 | 5:51 pm

Alittle off topic but…. Have they annouced the times for game 2? I just found out game is at 8:30 but I cant seem to find out what the time the 2nd game is.

3. redbug
      September 27th, 2011 | 6:16 pm

Agree…Nova. A lot to put on a rookie but he’s the clear # 2, at least to me.

4. LMJ229
      September 27th, 2011 | 9:24 pm

I think alot would depend on Nova’s game 2 start. If he gets bombed, they may want to go to one of the vets.

These games are killing me, I don’t know who the hell to root for. My heart tells me one thing, my head tells me another. I feel like Jekyl & Hyde!

September 27th, 2011 | 10:06 pm

I’d wager they’d go with Garcia for the experience. The Yankees starters are just as likely to throw a gem as they are to get shelled.

6. EHawk
      September 28th, 2011 | 12:39 am

I would say if they are up 2 games to 1 they could take a chance and not throw CC and hold him in case of a game 5 but if they are down 2-1 then they have to throw CC in game 4.