• The Cashman Affair

Posted by on September 29th, 2011 · Comments (16)

Really bad timing for this story to break.  But, if it’s true, I’m not shocked.

Comments on The Cashman Affair

1. butchie22
      September 29th, 2011 | 11:52 am

SL thanks for the link, I really appreciated the Bernie Sumner reference. I saw the Police when they reconvened and they were good BUT Bernie couldn’t stop singing e-yo in every single song!

2. Jim TreshFan
      September 29th, 2011 | 12:08 pm

Cashman looks like he’s channeling his inner Dan Topping.

And who was it that said,
      “All my troubles can be summed up in two words: I Do.”

September 29th, 2011 | 12:13 pm

I saw that on Deadspin, and I remember when the story tried to break here. Was it the same person who wrote and tried to break the story?

4. September 29th, 2011 | 12:13 pm

If it’s true that this has been going on for the last two years, it will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to it.

Maybe it will fade away quickly. Or, maybe it will grow legs and take on a life of it’s own.

I just hate the timing. The team doesn’t need this now as it’s heading into the post-season.

5. September 29th, 2011 | 12:15 pm

Raf wrote:

No idea.

6. G.I. Joey
      September 29th, 2011 | 12:26 pm

I doubt any of the players are losing sleep or are distracted by this.

September 29th, 2011 | 12:28 pm

Steve L. wrote:

I dunno, I’ve seen my fair share of distractions in my lifetime, I’d find it hard to believe that the team would be affected. I mean an extramarital affair isn’t on the level of, say, 9/11 or O’Neill and Brosuis losing their fathers, or Verducci’s ARod article…

8. September 29th, 2011 | 12:39 pm

@ G.I. Joey:
      @ Raf:
      Fair points. Time will tell.

9. Scout
      September 29th, 2011 | 1:14 pm

It may distract the GM during the play-offs. OK. What exactly does the GM have to do for the team during the play-offs, anyway?

10. Garcia
      September 29th, 2011 | 1:53 pm

Yeah, Cashman doesn’t hit, field, run, or pitch. He just pitches to his lady “friend”, I assume she’s catching.

We don’t need Cashman till the off-season, he’ll have plenty of time to get over the distraction.

Cashman is a big biggie fan, I wonder if he pounds on her while listening to “Me and my bitch”.

11. G.I. Joey
      September 29th, 2011 | 1:54 pm

Garcia wrote:

That visual is highly disturbing.

12. Garcia
      September 29th, 2011 | 1:57 pm

@ G.I. Joey:
      I know!!! I feel bad for her.

13. September 29th, 2011 | 4:06 pm

The worse part for her is that she’s taken American Idle’s sloppy seconds. We all know that Carl Pavano screwed Cashman way before 2009.

14. G.I. Joey
      September 29th, 2011 | 4:16 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Zing! Remember to tip your waitress folks!

15. JeremyM
      September 29th, 2011 | 6:53 pm

@ G.I. Joey:
      Hey, I laughed :) Nice one Steve.

16. Ryan81
      September 30th, 2011 | 12:10 am

I live in his town, and it’s a somewhat open secret that he’s moved out of his house while his wife and kids are still living there. I believe the move happened a while ago (and by while I mean sometime during the 1st half of this season), and quite frankly I didn’t really think there was much to read into. Divorce is unfortunately so common in this country and people call it quits over just about anything.

That said, this will most definitely define what Brian Cashman plans on doing for his future. He’s always made it a point that his wife is from the NYC area and doesn’t want to leave (which could very well become a moot point). Plus, with the profile he’s raised over the past year, this is his first real downside to that NYC spotlight. It’s one thing to have fans second-guessing your moves, a totally different thing to have your private life thrown around Page Six. Many people said LeBron James crossed New York off his destination list because of the media attention given to the rumor of an affair between his mom and Delonte West, and LeBron knew New York would come with even more scrutiny.