• Rivals Are…Annoying

Posted by on January 2nd, 2012 · Comments (11)

I love the MLB Network.

Really, I know it has not been around all that long.  However, I don’t know what I would do, now, without it.

It’s my “go to” channel any time I turn on the T.V. and I do not have something specific in mind to watch…

But, gosh, they keep playing that New Era “Rivals Are…” commerical over and over and over….

It’s so annoying.  Is that the only advertiser that they have?

Comments on Rivals Are…Annoying

1. Corey Italiano
      January 2nd, 2012 | 8:16 am

Why are you still watching commercials?

Get a DVR man!

2. January 2nd, 2012 | 8:36 am

LOL. Until this Xmas, I was using a TV that was 21 years old!
      I am so not into the new tech stuff. Although, it is probably time to ditch the VCR – yes, I still have one – and get a DVR.

January 2nd, 2012 | 8:37 am

4. Corey Italiano
      January 2nd, 2012 | 8:49 am

@ Steve L.:
      DVR will change your life. I used to always feel like I was wasting tons of time watching TV, and nothing was ever on…no longer. I never feel like I’m wasting time anymore. In fact, I actually watch a lot less TV in general but more shows that I like than ever.

There is one slight drawback, however. Because I don’t see commercials and use the IPOD in the car so I don’t hear them either, I feel like I’m stuck in 2008 sometimes because I have no idea what people are talking about when they are discussing pop culture.

January 2nd, 2012 | 9:33 am

@ Steve L.:
      I also have a VCR :D

6. January 2nd, 2012 | 1:35 pm

Raf wrote:

I really enjoy the “Baseball Seasons” series. The greatest games series as well.Instead of watching Intentional Talk and Hot Stover over and over and over again, I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the old MLB videos played, or the WS highlight videos played.

I love the PRIME 9′s and the COUNTDOWN shows too. Agreed on the replays of IT and Hot Stove. I would even take replays of TWIB from the ’70′s and ’80′s if they just needed to fill slots.

7. January 2nd, 2012 | 1:36 pm

Corey Italiano wrote:

LOL. That’s what I am afraid of! I already think I watch too much TV. And, the only time I watch TV is between the hours of 8 PM and 11 PM.

8. MJ Recanati
      January 3rd, 2012 | 12:58 pm

Steve L. wrote:

I love the PRIME 9′s

I just watched my first afternoon’s worth of Prime 9 yesterday. I saw the top sliders, changeups, teams of the 50′s and 60′s. Very entertaining way to spend 30 minutes in the dead of winter when there’s no baseball elsewhere on TV.

The only thing I wished is that they got a little bit more exhaustive in their analysis/review/selection process.

9. January 3rd, 2012 | 3:07 pm

I wish that MLBN would take the best of the Diamond Demos and turn them into an instructional DVD. As a youth coach, I know I would buy it.

10. Corey Italiano
      January 3rd, 2012 | 5:18 pm

@ Steve L.:
      That would be a great idea. I wish, as a kid, I had the option to watch those when I played baseball. They are pretty good.

11. BOHAN