The Moneyball DVD is being released next Tuesday. If you saw the movie and liked it, here’s your chance to own it. And, if you read the book and have yet to see the movie, here’s your chance to check it out at home. Lastly, of course, if you haven’t read the book or seen the movie, here’s your chance to see what everyone is talking about…
I’ve seen the movie – and have read the book – and I thought the film was an interesting look at the inner-workings of a major league baseball team. My wife saw the movie with me – and knew nothing about the story prior to that – and found the film to be an effective depiction of a team that was supposed to be terrible and who went on to win 20 games in a row (and advance to the post-season) using unconventional means.
Hey, just for fun, watch the movie and see where you can spot this item.
Of course, the DVD and Blu-ray come with extras. They’re listed below. Again, the Moneyball DVD is being released on January 12th.
MONEYBALL DVD Special Features include:
- Deleted Scenes
- Blooper with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill
- Billy Beane: Re-Inventing the Game (In this featurette we introduce the real Billy Beane, ex-professional baseball player and current General Manager of the Oakland A’s and reveal the history behind the story of “Moneyball”. Billy Beane explains his struggles being a small market GM and how having a third of the payroll of the Yankees or Red Sox forced him to think differently in drafting the 2002 team and to find value in players using On Base Percentage and Sabermetrics. We will also look at how the “Moneyball” concept is still influencing players and teams today. Director Bennett Miller, screenwriter Aaron Sorkin and author Michael Lewis round out the story of “Moneyball” and how Billy Beane took on an institution and beat the odds of an unfair game.)
- Moneyball: Playing The Game
Exclusive to Blu-ray:
- Drafting The Team
- Adapting Moneyball (No book adaptation is without its challenges and “Moneyball” was no exception. Author Michael Lewis, Screenwriters Aaron Sorkin and Steve Zaillian and director Bennett Miller discuss the themes of the book; being an underdog, taking on an institution and re-thinking tradition as well as what drew them to the project and why this story has meaning beyond the world of baseball. Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill and Philip Seymour Hoffman introduce us to their characters and tell us why this was a project they wanted to be a part of.)
- Exclusive MLB® 12 The Show Preview Trailer