• Kim Jones Leaves Yankees YES Network

Posted by on January 25th, 2012 · Comments (9)

Here is the story.

Don’t feel bad Yankees fans. Look at the Red Sox, they lost Heidi Watney. I’m sure that YES can find another field reporter who is willing to eat meat on a stick.

Comments on Kim Jones Leaves Yankees YES Network

1. MJ Recanati
      January 25th, 2012 | 2:39 pm

Honestly, no big loss. She added nothing to the broadcasts, either intellectually/informationally or…with her “intangibles.”

Either give us more Jack Curry — a smart guy that gives good info — or just go the eye-candy route. Jones did neither.

2. Corey Italiano
      January 25th, 2012 | 5:25 pm

Told this to my friend…

I just got a 3d tv (waitin for YES to air some 3d games this year) and I want to say that i’m glad that I won’t have to see Kim Jones’ giant horse teeth projected into my room.

January 25th, 2012 | 8:10 pm

No more lame “Lil Kim” jokes either?

Seriously, I’m overwhelmingly indifferent to the news, I do wish her the best of luck in her endeavors

4. MJ Recanati
      January 26th, 2012 | 9:07 am

Corey Italiano wrote:

LOL

5. January 26th, 2012 | 9:34 am

I always thought that Kim Jones was the Ghost of Suzyn Waldman Past.

I wonder if someone like Sweeny Murti would be interested in her old job?

6. G.I. Joey
      January 26th, 2012 | 5:13 pm

Sweeney would be great, but I’m not def. opposed to them adding a real smoke show in there.

7. January 26th, 2012 | 9:52 pm

I likr Kim, that said, YES can certainly do without her. As it is there are still way too many cooks in the kitchen. Think about it, sometimes we had a three man booth plus a half inning Kim report. It’s too much. I think a two man booth is enough, and I would drop Cone and Leiter altogether, and start searching for a stronger play by play voice.

8. January 31st, 2012 | 9:42 am

Looks like YES missed out on this possible Jones replacement:

WCBS/Ch. 2 Monday morning added sportscaster Lisa Kerney to the on-air lineup alongside Rob Morrison, Mary Calvi, John Elliott and Alex Denis.

Kerney, who joined the station from the MLB Network, is the latest hire in anticipation of CBS’ acquisition of Long Island’s WLNY/Ch. 55.

CBS announced the deal to buy the station in December. Insiders say the deal could close next month.

Once that happens, more news programs will be on the horizon at Ch. 55, and word is Kerney could be part of a morning effort on WLNY.

Before MLB, Kerney worked at Seattle;s KING-TV.

9. March 20th, 2012 | 10:50 am

Meredith Marakovits has been named the YES Network’s New York Yankees clubhouse reporter, reporting on the team within the network’s Yankees game telecasts, pre- and post-game shows, and Yankees Batting Practice Today show. Marakovits will also appear on YES’ special Yankees programming and will contribute to YESNetwork.com, the YES Web site which has won New York Emmy Awards for Best Sports Site two out of the past three years.

“Meredith possesses major market experience, an ability to move from features to clubhouse work to studio work with ease, and the prerequisite knowledge of and passion for baseball,” said John J. Filippelli, president of production and programming for the YES Network. “Although she has excelled at covering numerous sports, Meredith has shown a particular talent for covering baseball, and she will fit right in with our Yankees broadcast team.”

“I am excited about covering arguably the greatest franchise in sports, the New York Yankees, with its rich history and its continued commitment to excellence,” said Marakovits. “I am very familiar with the Yankees, having covered them on both TV and radio. I am also eager to join the YES team and work alongside some of the best talent in the business.”

Most recently, Marakovits worked for several Comcast SportsNet regional sports networks including SNY in New York, where she was an anchor and also contributed to SNY programs The Wheelhouse, Daily News Live and GEICO Sportsnite. At Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, Marakovits has been the Philadelphia 76ers sideline reporter, as well as a contributor to Toyota Sportsnite. She was also a fill-in anchor at Comcast SportsNet New England.

On the radio side, Marakovits covered the Yankees and Mets for 1050 ESPN, and contributed elsewhere to WFAN radio in New York. Prior to her work in New York, Marakovits served as the Phillies reporter for 950 ESPN Radio/97.5 the Fanatic in Philadelphia. While there she covered back-to-back World Series, contributed to ESPN and ESPNews, and appeared on MLB’s first reality series, The Pen.

Earlier in her career, Marakovits served as the pre- and post-game host and field reporter for the Emmy Award-winning Lehigh Valley Ironpigs Television Network in Allentown, Pennsylvania; the IronPigs are the Phillies’ AAA affiliate. She also covered the Reading Phillies (AA affiliate) while there. Marakovits also worked for Service Electric 2’s sports division as a sideline reporter for college football, basketball, and indoor football broadcasts.

A Northampton, Pa. native, Marakovits is a graduate of LaSalle University in Philadelphia, where she played volleyball and graduated in 2005 with a degree in communications.