• Cashman Affair Details Getting More Sordid

Posted by on February 5th, 2012 · Comments (62)

The Daily News has the story.

At some point, does Brian Cashman’s affiliation with the Yankees need to be terminated, albeit voluntary or not, because of all this negative attention his actions have brought on to the Yankees franchise?

Comments on Cashman Affair Details Getting More Sordid

1. KPOcala
      February 5th, 2012 | 5:38 pm

Come on Steve, allegations from a nut-case, in a “family affair” shouldn’t play into Cashman’s job. And from a fan’s point of view, what’s not to like? Stocked in the farm, championship contender, and as painful as it may be, he made the type of trade that bloggers have been pining for over the last decade. Look at Theo, for example. Took all the credit, burned through a lot of money, left the farm looking like something out of the “Grapes of Wrath”, and then skipped town. Better the devil you know…ya know? And you ,I, and most of your readers know that nothing in baseball is EVER like the popular narrative, on or off the field. Take for instance the Fat Head in Oakland, Beane. He was hardly the first to build a club like that, but he did manage to alert his less astute competition to his game. Since his almost success story of a decade gone by he’s done nothing. If I was his boss, I’d have stuck a pin in his blimp-sized ego and kicked his moneyballs out the door…

2. Evan3457
      February 5th, 2012 | 11:36 pm

Assumes the latest stuff is true.
      Maybe; but the other half of maybe is “maybe not”.

3. Garcia
      February 6th, 2012 | 8:45 am

If they didn’t fire him for his baseball moves – and they certainly had the ammunition to fire him – then firing him for being an awful husband is nobody’s business except his and his family.

4. February 6th, 2012 | 9:42 am

At this point, what’s the difference between Brian Cashman and Anthony Weiner?

5. February 6th, 2012 | 9:44 am

At this point, what’s the difference between Brian Cashman and Jim McGreevey?

6. February 6th, 2012 | 9:52 am

Evan3457 wrote:

Assumes the latest stuff is true.
      Maybe; but the other half of maybe is “maybe not”.

As Cashman says in the recording, the truth will come out:

7. Garcia
      February 6th, 2012 | 11:01 am

@ Steve L.:
      McGreevy was getting pounded by some guy he made an advisor to NJ’s Homeland Security division. Weiner lied about the affair, blamed others and denied the entire thing.

So far I have yet to see a connection with any of those guys and Cashman. Those guys weren’t forced to quit their posts because of their dalliances – or in the case of Weiner, virtual dalliances. They were forced to quit because they obstructed justice.

8. KPOcala
      February 6th, 2012 | 12:01 pm

Maybe Steve Phillips? ;)

9. KPOcala
      February 6th, 2012 | 12:33 pm

So now the reports are coming in that the mistress was never pregnant…She’s just another grifter…..

10. February 6th, 2012 | 12:49 pm

Lets not lose sight of the fact that Louise was girlfriend number two for Cashman and that he wrecked a marraige with the first one. Is it just two? If not, expect more to come out of hiding soon too.

Tiger Woods, Steve Garvey, Patrick Ewing, Steve Phillips, Wade Boggs, Rick Pitino, Marv Albert, Tiki Barber, Alex Rodriguez and Chipper Jones are just some who have made news for themselves in a way somewhat like Cashman has done now. It had no impact for some. For others, it cost them their job and/or future jobs. It will be interesting to see what happens with Cashman.

11. sicilianlou
      February 6th, 2012 | 5:25 pm

Now this makes sense why the Yankees were absent from the winter meetings and lack of wheeling and dealing… Cashman was too busy sorting this mess in his house and placing the Yankees on the back burner.. Hmmmm if Geroge were alive, do you think we would see another Visa Credit card commerical aka Derek Jeter and George discussing the night life of one of his emolyees? or would George simply say, here is the door Ca$hman.. dont let the door knob hit you where the Good lord split you!!.. Dear Santa… remember that bike you didnt give me when I was 5.. All is forgiven if you can deliever Cashmans removal as the GM.. Sign a Yankee fan!… hey Steve,, time to get with a follow up on who can replace Cashman… I like Gene Stick Michaels but you think Billy Beane might be interested?.. After all, the thought of him with the Yankee checkbook… WOW…what do you think he can build here?…

February 6th, 2012 | 7:16 pm

Again, given the characters that have been associated with the Yankees over the years, Cashman’s dalliances are fairly low on the totem pole.

Steve L. wrote:

Given the list you’ve provided, I’ll take my chances with “no impact.”

13. Evan3457
      February 6th, 2012 | 8:06 pm

Steve L. wrote:

At this point, what’s the difference between Brian Cashman and Jim McGreevey?

They’re public officials who can get voted out by the electorate and Brian Cashman is an officer in a private company who’s being doing a good job lately and is well-liked by the men who own and operate the company?

Is this a trick question?

14. KPOcala
      February 6th, 2012 | 8:32 pm

Steve L. wrote:

“Lets not lose sight of the fact that Louise was girlfriend number two for Cashman and that he wrecked a marraige with the first one. Is it just two? If not, expect more to come out of hiding soon too”.

During Clinton’s grilling (he got the last laugh)I remember an interesting story about the late French Premier Francois Mitterand”. The story went that it became very well known that the Premier had a mistress. A group of reporters confronted him with the allegations. Mitterand said something to the effect of, ‘yes, and so what of it’? The reporters never told anyone until after his death years later. On the other hand an argument could be made that with JFK & Bobby’s horns being fully engaged with Marilyn Monroe and other dalliances, they almost got us all killed over Cuba. Maybe “Dr. Strange Love” was written with those maniacs in mind? ;)

15. KPOcala
      February 6th, 2012 | 8:35 pm

@ KPOcala: The point being,if Cashman trades Burnett for an Upton nobody here will care if he’s dating Dr. Frank N Futer …..

16. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 9:26 am

@KPOcala: The point being,if Cashman trades Burnett for an Upton nobody here will care if he’s dating Dr. Frank N Futer

Given Ca$hmans track record on trades, I would say dont hold your breath for this happen…

ask yourself this, if Geroge were alive today, is Cashman forced out of Yankeeland?.. Answer.. HEELLLL YES!!….

Remember Luis Polonia?… Although he claim the girl said she was 18 years old and turned out to be 15, the Yankees sent his bags packing soon after it hit the papers.. I am in agreement with Steve on this.. How do you expect to run any organization who is always in the media spotlight when your waving your tally wacker out in the public?… At some point you have to show class and the classy thing for Cashman to do is step down and dont look back…. I for one cant wait to open that bottle of Johnny Blue label I been saving when Cashman is finally sent packing out of Yankeeland!!..

17. KPOcala
      February 7th, 2012 | 11:51 am

@ sicilianlou:
      Polonia v Cashman isn’t really a good comparison. Speaking of holding the ‘ol John Thomas in public, let’s not forget that Mattingly was arrested for public urination, drunk on beer if I recall. Anyway, tempest in a tea kettle…

18. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 12:08 pm

@KPO….Lets not forget that Mattingly was arrested for public urination, drunk on beer if I recall. Anyway, tempest in a tea kettle…

True and how did that turn out for him applying for the Yankee Manager job?… Don’t think the yankees fogot that… My point is George wouldnt think twice about cutting boy wonder and have him packing.. Lets face it, Jeter had is moments, A-Rod continues to have his moments,so did Donnie, but they put fans in the seats… When was the last time you heard a fan say I go to yankee games because of Cashman? if you did, then I will show you a person who needs to stop drinking the Kool Aide… Good Post and good point on Donnie bsseball.

19. G.I. Joey
      February 7th, 2012 | 12:23 pm

@ sicilianlou:
      When was the last time anyone cited a GM as a reason to go see a baseball game?

20. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 12:44 pm

@Gi JOEY…

I certainly didnt, but I dont know every baseball fan in the world..but come to think of it maybe Cashman last fling once said this?.Why take a chance?.. LOL…

February 7th, 2012 | 1:17 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

Really? Do you think something like this takes enough time and resources that a GM couldn’t attend the winter meetings, or send someone on his behalf or run a ballclub?

Really?

February 7th, 2012 | 1:23 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

The Yankees are the last organization whose fans should try and take a moral high road.

23. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 1:57 pm

@ Raf…..

I would imagine if the Sh^t was about to hit the fan.. You would want to try and contain the damage control.. My point is, perhaps his lack of absence in the winter meeting had everything to do with this issue.. Surely an intelligent fan like yourself had to think this way? or am I assuming incorrectly?.

Meanwhile, Steinbrenner was a convicted felon. The Yankees had no problems signing guys like Darryl Strawberry, Dwight Gooden, Pascual Perez & Steve Howe with their drug problems. Joba was arrested for DUI a couple of years ago..
      Exactly what I expect from a Cashman supporter to say.. Lets not foget that George was suspended from baseball for his Nixon contribution.. so by your own logic, your in agreement with me.. Cashman should be fired or banned from baseball… If you want to get into the whole business of wrong doers, then certainly we can.. I am not standing on any high ground.. Surely you jest to think the Yankees do either and certainly this Yankee fan has see his share of bad times with players who have done wrong.. But, lets think here for a moment.. Your arguement are about players that Geroge knew they were damaged goods and gave them a second chance.. Tell me, which is the worse of the two?. An owner who opens his arms to those who are troubled or someone who I would say stabbed this organization in the back because he knows better to do the unthinkable by violating the Cardinal Rule.. No scandals allowed?.. Far from me to be the one person who lives in a glass house to throw stones, but, I perfer my GM to do what he suppose to do and that is lead by example. If you think with your Johnson, then you deserve what you get.. I have no petty for Cashman. If he had a spine to begin with he step down when this hit the headline…Honestly, I hope this is the straw, pardon the pun than breaks the camels back and has him packing!…Righteous or not, Loyalty accounts for something.. At least this Yankee fan thinks so…. Stay tune, this is going to be so much fun watching Cashman try and wiggle his way off this hook!!….

February 7th, 2012 | 2:18 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

An intelligent fan like me knows about organizations, delegation of authority, and knowing it really doesn’t take too much to get ahead of a story nor to cover your bases. I also know that it’s really easier in this day and age what with twitter, cell phones, videoconferencing, yadda, yadda yadda. This applies to going to the winter meetings, running a team, and setting a chica up.

sicilianlou wrote:

Yep, because the organization is filled with guys who never cheated on their wives? And if they do decide to chip around I have a hard time believing that they’d think “WWCD” before nailing some gal that they’re not married to.

25. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 3:35 pm

@raf I also know that it’s really easier in this day and age what with twitter, cell phones, videoconferencing, yadda, yadda yadda. This applies to going to the winter meetings, running a team, and setting a chica up.

perhaps its true.. Maybe your attendence is not needed at the meetings. But, if your the highest paid GM in baseball, isnt it your job to be there and make the deals?.. Call me crazy, but where there is smoke there is fire. And the smoke I am seeing, again this is one mans opinion of this, Ca$hman was too busy trying to CYA this scandal.

@raf—Yep, because the organization is filled with guys who never cheated on their wives?

Yup they all cheat. Cashman is no expection, however he did it as a YANKEE and while he was still married and that is the sin here.. Who is to say what else is going to come out. Lets not be naive about this.. I am sure the yankee brass are conducting an internal investigation on this.. Shame on them if their not.. For all you and I know, Cashman could be sleeping with the Steins sister or even worse sleeping with some young female intern. Hell he might even be thinking of doing the biggest sin of all and that is doing a trade with the METS!…Doesnt matter, he got caught and now its time to man up and do the right thing.. Every company has their share of scandals.. Yankees are no expection. Look this is not a proud day for any Yankee fan by any stretch of imagination.. but the Ca$hman brought this on himself. Look at what happen to Steve Swindel.. Took about 30 seconds for him to pack his office after the announcement of his divorce to George’s daughter Jennifer and George adored his son in law. But for the sake of the Yankee organization and its fans, Steve was fired quicker than a NY mintue…. Like any high profile postion your in, if you bring about the media circus which causes distraction in a negative manner, well, then at least do the honorable thing and for the benefit of the organization and fans, EXIT!. I am sure you can at least agree with this?. No? FYI you do make some good points. I like sprited conversations with fans who opinions are not necessarly in agreement with me.

26. February 7th, 2012 | 4:52 pm

Via Peter Botte in the Daily News -

One from a former NL GM: “Basically, the Steinbrenner brothers wouldn’t know what to do without Cashman. I think it even works in his favor that he just made a great trade, getting Pineda from Seattle for Montero…But every organization has a limit to how much embarrassment it will endure. I think Brian is OK for now, but if more embarrassing details become public, then all bets are off.”

Here’s another from another baseball official: “This guy is the front man of the organization with both the players and the media. He’s the guy in charge of disciplining players. How are they going to have any respect for him after this? To say this has nothing to do with the Yankees is naïve on their part…Can you imagine if the old man was alive and this happened?”

The latter is a good point. If A-Rod does something stupid to embarrass the organization now, how could Csahman possibly call him on it?

27. sicilianlou
      February 7th, 2012 | 6:01 pm

@ Steve l…Basically, the Steinbrenner brothers wouldn’t know what to do without Cashman.
      Wow, is it me or should someone tell them what would you dad do?.

he just made a great trade, getting Pineda from Seattle for Montero..
      some one is drinking too much of the Kool Aide.. Great trade and Cashman used in any sentence is an oxymoron!

but if more embarrassing details become public, then all bets are off.”
      Lets see, has an affair with a married women, strike one.. Has an another affair with a psyco.. Strike two… I see, it takes three strikes to get an out!!..

The latter is a good point. If A-Rod does something stupid to embarrass the organization now, how could Cashman possibly call him on it?
      Cashman doesn’t live in a glass house so I am sure he thinks he can!! LOL..

Steve, I have said this over and over again.. Cashman has something on the Stein family and he hangs it over their heads everyday.. Simply put, if they dont kick him to the curb, the NY media is going to have a ball with his all season long! The old man must be turning over in his grave..

February 7th, 2012 | 7:51 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

Certainly. Now I ask you this, is there anything at the winter meetings that couldn’t have been done before or after? Or there in Nashville or elsewhere?

Really, how long do you think it takes to get ahead of a story, and what makes you think he couldn’t do it in the confines of his hotel room in Nashville? You’re proably going to tell me that he made the Pineda – Montero deal to take heat off of him ;)

And you want to talk about CYA? The story broke in February, you going to tell me in NYC, the media capital of the world, that someone didn’t see anything before last week? C’mon now.

sicilianlou wrote:

Lets not be naive about this..

Yes, let’s not be naive about this. Let’s not overreact either. You guys “hate” (in the urban sense) Cashman, fine, whatever. There’s no need to get hysterical or emotional about it. Someday, he’ll step down as Yankees GM. Throw a party then. But to make reaches, stretches, and to contort reasoning to justify the firing Cashman, for doing something that’s accepted within the confines of baseball is just crazy. Again, George was a convicted felon. Steinbrenner paid Howie Spira for dirt on Dave Winfield. Steve Swindal was busted for DUI. And y’all want to equate that to Cashman sticking his wick in a chica that wasn’t his wife, a wife that he is currently separated from? Really? C’mon now.

Cashman screwed around, BFD. He has an order of protection out on her, he’s the one that has everyone thinking that she’s crazy. He won.

Keep chasing your tails around, tho’ it’s good exercise :D

February 7th, 2012 | 7:55 pm

Steve L. wrote:

They hire another GM, it’s not that complicated. What happen if Cashman dies, or becomes a vegetable after an accident or something?

Steve L. wrote:

The same way he always has?

February 7th, 2012 | 7:56 pm

If Steinbrenner was alive, he would’ve fired Cashman, then bought him back in an advisory role. Yankee employees are like boomerangs, they always come back, except in cases where they decide to go somewhere else ;)

31. KPOcala
      February 7th, 2012 | 11:29 pm

To twist a line out of “Monty Python and the Holy Grail”, ‘this is supposed to be happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue over who screwed who…” MLB, like all pro sports is resplendent with the hilarious ‘scamperings’ of married/un-married men,crawling like vipers (yes, in the suburban streets). Nothing new to see here, move along….

And as far as the Boss is concerned, besides his little felony, Martin torturings, we also have the Howard Spira Affair (coming soon, a movie starring Ben Affleck and Steve Buscemi). You can do these things when your the Boss, but even He never called Himself moral to my knowledge.

32. Garcia
      February 8th, 2012 | 9:10 am

The woman that accused Cashman may have embarrassed him briefly, but it looks like Cash is winning the war where it matters: with the press.

Thirteen people have filed orders of protection against alleged Brian Cashman stalker Louise Meanwell — Today’s NY Daily News (Online) Headline

Cashman’s divorce, his philandering, or the fact that a side-piece went crazy over his elf worm, are not a metric used to measure Cash’s job as a GM. If Cash had assaulted his wife, this woman, or any other person he’s involved with then that would be grounds for firing.

I am not a Cash fan and, quite frankly, I think it’s hilarious that he’s going thru all of this. But this will not get in the way with a player embarrassing himself and Cash having to discipline said player. If the player goes on an all-night bender, drives drunk, crashes their Porsche and fails to report it to the Yankees. That’s not in the same stratosphere when it comes to egregious behavior when compared to what’s going on with Cash. If a player thinks it’s the same, then it’s quite clear he doesn’t have an understanding of the consequences of his actions. Sleeping with multiple women is the norm around baseball circles.

Steve Phillips was sleeping with a subordinate at ESPN, that causes all sorts of issues at a workplace. Cash wasn’t sleeping with a Yankee employee, he was sleeping with a sycophant. Let’s not confuse what this is about. Go off on Cash because of Pavano, not over this.

33. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 10:06 am

Raf wrote:

Clearly we have a differnce of opinion on this. I do know if it were I paying cashmans salary, I would want him there.
      .Raf wrote:

Nope.. He just signed Bill Hall and Raul Ibanez is next.. thats the heat taken off for the moment.. But I am waiting of the next shoe to drop on this story!
      Raf wrote:

Steinbrenner paid Howie Spira for dirt on Dave Winfield

Hmm.. And IBM, Exxon, ATT and the rest of the top 500 companies in the US use Facebook and Likenin to find dirt on possible job applicants.. Not everyone can afford a Howie Spira can they?…
      Raf wrote:

Steve Swindal was busted for DUI.

Steve was fired for divorcing Geroge’s daughter. It cost the old man millions to keep Steves mouth shut during the divorce proceedures. But, beleive what you want.
      Raf wrote:

Sorry, but the story on psycho Louise broke in Feb.. Rumors where flying around last summer about Cashmans first affair with a married women.. But as I said before, its a matter of time before then next shoe will fall…
      Raf wrote:

You guys “hate” (in the urban sense) Cashman, fine, whatever

“Hate” in an sense is UGLY.. Personally I perfer to use the word Ahor when referring to Cashman..

Raf wrote:

The thought has crossed my mind on many occasions.. Sorry, I couldnt resist! LOL..

Raf.. You make good argurements on Cashmans defense. Not sure if he is looking for a PR guy or an attorney but you might consider looking into it!.. LOL… But, let me ask you one simply question and we can move on to the next topic…. At what point do you think Cashman should exit stage right?.. Will it take another situation like Louise to come out of the closet and admit to an affair?. Let’s play devils advocate for the moment and say the next shoe to drop was some young summer intern he slept with or his kids babysitter. Should the Yankees and its fans continue to accept this?.. To me, I really can care less what a person does with their personal life.. That’s why its called personal, but considering Cashmans position in Yankeeland and the millions of Yankee haters out there, why have all of this neagtive spotlight on this franchise when the honorable thing for Cashman is man up and say I made a mistake and in the fairness of our loyal fans and organization its best of for me to take time off and deal with my personal life issues… Would that be so hard for Cashman to do??….

34. Garcia
      February 8th, 2012 | 10:46 am

@ sicilianlou:
      Is “ahor” even a word? Because abhor is a synonym of “hate” so I would regard them both as one in the same.

If Cashman were to sleep with a Yankee intern then that’s cause for immediate termination. A person in Cashman’s position is not allowed to sleep with subordinates, and that rule applies even further with interns. So you’re not talking about JUST one shoe dropping, the emperor will be w/o any clothes in this instance.

35. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 10:50 am

Garcia wrote:

So what your saying is physcial abuse would be ok to fire Cashman but the emotional abuse is not grounds for firing? Abuse is Abuse in any langague. Sorry, I dont by it.. last I looked, physical wounds heal allot quicker than emotion scars.. that just one mans opinion on this…Garcia wrote:

Wait a second here.. We are talking about a crime here. Cashman is married and its against the law to commit adultery! It a misdemeanor in New York State !.. Lets not mask the degree of breaking the law with any other types of crime. ITs punishable up to 90 days in jail and a $500 fine.. Just ask the former Governor of NY David Paterson how that turned out when he thought differently?. If you rob a bank with a hand gun or rob a bank with a note demanding payment, you still robbed a bank.. the only difference is Arms Robbery gets you 20 to life and a note gets you to 10 to 15 years.

36. Garcia
      February 8th, 2012 | 10:54 am

@ sicilianlou:
      If adultery was actually prosecuted, even as a misdemeanor, you’d have 90% of Wall St. with multiple misdemeanors.

37. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 11:01 am

Garcia wrote:

Silly me.. Abhor is correct.. In some cirlces the word means detest.. or a strong disliking..I don’t HATE Cashman..I simply abhor him as our GM and his ominpotent, ominsicient omnibenevolent ego.. :)

38. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 11:19 am

Garcia wrote:

and one less GM in baseball!:) The point is, you committed a crime and that is all the grounds you need to terminate your employment!…I am just calling it as I see it.. How many misdemeanors do you have to violate and take action on?..But lets suppose the DA in NY is a MET fan or worse a Bosox fan and wants to make a name for himself and they slap the sliver cuffs on Cashman?… Imagine the back page of the Daily News or Front page of the NY Times?.. I am not passsing judgment here, I am just asking the obvious questions the media is not speaking of and enlightening some Yankee fans who turn a blind eye to the captain of this franchise made two very poor decision. Whats the breaking point?..

39. Garcia
      February 8th, 2012 | 11:31 am

@ sicilianlou:
      That DA would be laughed out of NYC. That might work and fly in some rural area in Missouri, but not here. You think you’re “enlightening some Yankee fans” but you are really just be a contrarian, IMHO.

I am not a Cashman fan, but this is not, by any means whatsoever, grounds for firing the man. He cheated on his wife multiple times, that’s between him, her, and their kids.

40. February 8th, 2012 | 12:02 pm

Good point from TK today -

The possibility also exists that Neathway could divulge additional information that would damage Cashman’s standing with the Yankees, cause embarrassment for the team and cast doubts about his personal judgment.

The circumstances would be stressful for anybody, let alone for Cashman, whose job is fraught with hassles even in the best of times. His ability to stay focused professionally, as so many Yankees have been challenged to do in his years as general manager, is now more important than ever.

41. Garcia
      February 8th, 2012 | 12:19 pm

@ Steve L.:
      She’s already said some things in the deadspin piece. She said that he was pissed about Jesus Montero’s visa issues, Joe Girardi’s in-game managing decisions, etc.

This is also stuff that can easily be countered by Cashman, unless, of course, it’s stuff that’s ultra secret that only two or three people in the organization are supposed to know. Like a non-baseball related injury/disease/sickness that could potentially violate a HIPAA law, as it pertains to a player, coach, etc.

42. February 8th, 2012 | 12:40 pm

What I figure:

We have two known cases where Cashman was fooling around where still legally married (even if he was no longer living with his wife).

One was a case where Cash was messing with a married woman and the other was a case where the woman was somewhat unstable and who has a history of manic stalking.

Of all the girls in the world to fool around with, he picks these two?

That’s pretty stupid. And, I wonder if there are more, considering that he was that stupid to pick those two?

Then again, this is the guy who signed Igawa and traded for Vazquez twice, etc.

43. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 1:00 pm

@Steve L… Hmmm…..
      “Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.”

What a mess.. I almost feel sorry for him at this point.. I would’nt be surprised to see him have a nervous breakdown and checks into a hospital at some point..

It will be interesting if this even makes it to trial with Louise to avoid those embarrassing questions he will be asked. I bet some sort of settlement is made in the coming months.

My take, if the Yankee brass wants to quite this down, they better get rolling on this now. I see no other way but to pay and request his wife sign a no gag order at their divorce trail. But heaven help this guy if she speaks!. As for Louise, not sure what going thru that psychos mind, but I bet a book deal is on the horizon!. Let justice be down through the heavens may fall!

But you got to hand it to Cashman, when he makes a splash he goes all out to do it even in his personal life!!..

44. February 8th, 2012 | 1:20 pm

More on Cash’s other woman -

He’s “still smitten’’ with his mistress — at least the first one.

Married Yankees GM Brian Cashman only went to cops about allegedly being shaken down by scorned lover Louise Meanwell after Meanwell started harassing his other girlfriend, sources told The Post.

And although Cashman claims to now be “just friends” with that girlfriend — Westchester soccer mom Kim Brennan — sources insist he clearly is “still smitten’’ with her.

Brennan, 41, was recently spotted tooling around her neighborhood in a 2009 Toyota Highlander registered to the Yankees, one neighbor said.

That neighbor and others added that Cashman, 44, was espied with Brennan at the pool of her gated community in Eastchester last summer.

“She also went to spring training last year,” a woman who knows Brennan added.

Asked about Brennan’s use of the Yankees car, Cashman spokesman Chris Giglio would say only that “Brian lent his car to Kim occasionally in the past.”

Brennan had an affair with Cashman for several years, when they were both married.

She later divorced and now claims her romantic relationship with Cashman, who separated from his wife, Mary, in late 2010, is over.

Driving the Yankees car? Really? If you had a company car and you loaned it to the married woman you were having an affair with, what would your employer do to you?

45. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 4:20 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Hopefully this is a rhetorical question?..LOL

Steve is it me or do you also hear John Sterling saying… Strike Three!.. Ball game over!!…

46. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 4:45 pm

Steve L. wrote:

Steve, have you viewed the photo of both these ladies?.. Lassie and Cruella de Vil come to mind not Louise or Kim….. Wow.. you think this fuss was over some hot soccer mom and hot gold-dinger.. Maybe Cashman is smarter than we give him credit for?.. dating ugly women would never be a believeable story!

February 8th, 2012 | 7:01 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

You’re making the quantum leap that he wasn’t there because he was too busy CYA’ing to attend, which is something I find incredibly ridiculous.

To boot, if there’s no reason for him to be there, then there’s no reason to go. Cashman’s been the GM since 1998, the Yankees finished with the best record in the AL. There really is no reason for him to keep up appearances

But I am waiting of the next shoe to drop on this story!

I bet you are, hoping, wishing, praying that he gets his comeuppance. I doubt that will happen, but stranger things have happened :D

Steinbrenner can afford a Howie Spira but IBM, Exxon, ATT & the rest of the top 500 companies can’t? Interesting…

Rumors were flying around, yet no one decided to investigate… Right

More referring to

At what point do you think Cashman should exit stage right?..

When he does something worth firing. Embezzling from the Yankees. Maybe if the team fell apart. Maybe if he was caught with an underaged girl or something.

Ah, so you want to make decisions to placate millions of Yankee haters? Right… eff them. They’re haters, let them hate.

48. sicilianlou
      February 8th, 2012 | 9:25 pm

@ Raf

Raf wrote:

Dude, I love the jousting with you!!.. Your my kind of people.. You have so much emotion and passion when it comes to the Yankees.. You sir are a true Yankee fan!! And I must admit, you made some very strong arguments on Cashmans defense.. Hell, I am starting to believe I might be wrong on my opinon, but, outside of the team falling apart, your response here are crime related situation.. Am I am understanding you correctly? If so, then by your own omission, Cashman should be fired or resign because in NY, Adultery is a crime punishable up to 90 days of jail time and $500 dollar fine…

February 8th, 2012 | 10:03 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

If they didn’t get him for speeding or jaywalking or spitting on the subway, I doubt they’ll get him for adultering ;)

Keep reaching like that, you’re liable to pull something :D

I wouldn’t say I’m emotional or passionate when it comes to this topic. Amused with a touch of incredulity at the lengths y’all are willing to go? maybe… Again, I understand that you and Steve don’t like Cashman, but you guys have to bring a little more to the table if you expect Cashman to be fired or step down. I think the two of you have been watching the Yankees long enough to know that.

Had Cashman been a f-ckup as a GM, sure, use this as a thinly veiled excuse to get rid of him (much like the Yankees getting bounced in 07 was the “reason” Torre didn’t come back. Little did they know, had they waited another year…), but the Yankees had the best record in the AL last year. Cashman has been the GM since 1998 and the Yanks have made the playoffs every year except one, and have 4 world championships to show for it. They’re perennially one of the top teams in the AL if not MLB. You don’t have that kind of run if you don’t know anything about the game. Sorry, hate to disappoint the haters, but there it is; the success speaks for itself. He’s a better GM than you want to give credit. Cashman isn’t going anywhere until he’s good and ready.

50. KPOcala
      February 9th, 2012 | 1:01 am

Steve, who, if you had your pick would you take as GM? Ok, you don’t care for Cashman. So who is the guy that never has a pitcher or high draft pick blow up on him? That’s what this is really about, not once have I heard Mantle’s nefarious deeds being discussed (imagine if Mantle played today, Hamilton wouldn’t get a whiff..), yet he was sure as hell a bigger face of the franchise than Cashman could ever be. So who’s the MAN? Let’s all man-up, admit that these circles of Dante Alighieri’s Hell that many of you want Cashman to enjoy is really a (no pun intended) a smokescreen meant to send Cashman across the Gorge of Eternal Peril, and instill your hand-picked GM. Who is the Mystery Man, and why? Seepless in Fl…

51. February 9th, 2012 | 9:40 am
    52. sicilianlou
      February 9th, 2012 | 10:48 am

Raf wrote:

Raf.. In the spirit of fairness… I wasn’t the one who pointed out punishable crimes with jail sentence as a means for firing or having Cashman resign, that was you. :) Jaywalking and splitting are not crimes that require time in the big house, but a crime is a crime no matter how much jail time is given. I am far from being naive, knowing the internal legal beagles the Steins have on payroll have advised them the likely hood on the NY DA pressing charges are remote, or certainly, Hank and Hal would bury Cashman already..but, it could happen and why should it be dismissed simply because no one famous was ever charged with such a crime in NY? Former govt David Patterson once thought that Adultery was not even a crime.. Funny, the governor of NY not knowing his own laws. Somewhere in the Yankeeland employee handbook on ethics and moral conduct there has to be a claus that states conduct un-becoming a professional while holding an executive position is grounds for dismissal. I am simply surprised the legal beagles in Steins circle have not found it yet or are they overlooking it??!!!… Your guess is good as mine!

53. KPOcala
      February 9th, 2012 | 10:53 am

@ Steve L.:
      OK, fair enough. But as some of your readers pointed out last year, maybe Levine/mini-Steins are undermining Cashman, though to less extent than the Boss did in the eighties. Cashman’s job isn’t just baseball, of course. He has to negotiate his way through rooms filled with asps. Maybe he’s better than you think. I have no idea how to evaluate him fairly….

54. sicilianlou
      February 9th, 2012 | 12:15 pm

@Steve L….

Nice choice Steve.. Local boy from NY… Your thoughts about Ray Montgomery? Funny he and Dipoto were the 1 2 combo with the D-backs..I also like Mike Chernoff and Mike Hazen ( like the bosox would let that happen but hey while we are kicking the tires here) :)

55. February 9th, 2012 | 12:29 pm

At this point, I think the Yankees – and all of baseball, for that matter, need to get someone who is like a football GM. They do their job and are not interested, in most cases, about being a celebrity.

The Kenny Williams, Billy Beanes, Theo Epsteins and Cashmans of the world all want to be in the public eye and regarded, and treated, like stars.

Give me George Young or Gabe Paul, anyday.

February 9th, 2012 | 1:52 pm

sicilianlou wrote:

Couldn’t have been me, I’m not looking for reasons to fire Cashman or have him resign.

The point I’m making is that this really isn’t a big deal, a mountain out of a molehill, tempest in a teapot, yadda yadda yadda…

How much time did Patterson serve for his adultery charge? Was he even charged?

No doubt that it exists, but I’ll let you in on a secret; those clauses are there as a fallback. Rarely are they enforced unless someone has an agenda or an axe to grind. That’s the way corporate entities work. Produce, and the bosses generally leave you alone. Screw up, agitate one too many times, clauses like that are brought up as grounds for dismissal.

Let’s bring this back to baseball; Jeff Kent busted his wrist before the 2002 season. He claimed he was washing his truck. It was found that he was goofing around on his motorcyle. The Giants could’ve cut him for that, voided his contract. Not only did he engage in contract voiding behavior, he lied about it. In 2001, he hit .298/.369/.507. He posted a .313/.368/.565 season in 2002. If he hit like a pitcher, I’m sure they would have let him go. ;)

57. sicilianlou
      February 9th, 2012 | 2:31 pm

@rafRaf wrote:

Let’s bring this back to baseball;

LOL.. YES lets do this and discuss the one begging question now that faces the Yankees.. DH.. I have an idea on a trade with our cross town rivals the NY METS… What’s your opinion and for those on this board would wuld like to chime in…. Opinions are always welcomed!..

David Wright to play 3nd and put A-Rod as the full time DH.. My reasons, as flawed as some most likely will find are simply… NY Mets are in a big Financail mess.. New GM has to cut some cost but still needs to compete in a division that the Phillies and Brves will continue to dominate for a few more years and try to rebuild at the same time.. .. Attendance most likely will be down due to the Reyes departing and the economic conditions NY is faced with unemployement….Wright is in the final year of his contract making 16 million..FA is most likely his next step, Maybe? BOA is down the past three years due to Reyes being hurt and so has his RBI’s, however, in a Yankee line up batting 6th. I think those numbers increase. The Yankees will provide the protection he will not see in the Mets lineup this year.

In exchange, the Yankees give up AJ, Phil Hughes and either one of the following players Eduado Nunez or Boone Logan. I looking at the salary and the the needs on both sides and I am trying to be as un-bias as I can… Maybe I am not giving up enough maybe too much, but the point I getting here is a player like Wright can stay with this club for the next 7 years and hopefully, we have a kid named Dante Bichette jr who is starting to make a name for himself in the lower minors and is rapidly making big steps to the next level will be with the Yankees in 3 or 4 years which places Wright at 35.. Allow Bichette jr to learn his craft at the big leagues for 2 years and then move Wright over to the DH spot and we have our next 3rd basemen ready. Any thoughts here??…

February 9th, 2012 | 8:56 pm

@ sicilianlou:
      I don’t see the Mets making that trade. The Yanks are okay with Rodriguez & Jeter manning their respective positions, and Nunez backing either of them up.

I still don’t see Nunez as a starter. While the Yanks may cover a chunk of Burnett’s salary, there’s still the case of Burnett being with the Mets for two years.

Of course it also should be mentioned that Wright is the Mets’ franchise player, so I doubt that they’d be willing to move him, at least not yet.

59. sicilianlou
      February 10th, 2012 | 4:22 pm

here is the latest on this

Cashman’s bank records subpoenaed

Updated Feb 10, 2012 1:55 PM ET
      NEW YORK
      Manhattan prosecutors subpoenaed Yankees general manager Brian Cashman’s bank records, which sources said include evidence that he coughed up as much as $20,000 to accused extortionist and purported mistress Louise Meanwell as far back as April, the New York Post learned.
      Those alleged payments raise the question of whether Meanwell, 36, was shaking Cashman down for nearly 10 months — or whether the big bucks were legitimate gifts as part of an affair, as she claims.

Cashman made “several” cash deposits in the range of $4,000 each into the British-born woman’s bank accounts over the last 10 months, a source close to the case said.

Meanwell herself claims she received between $18,000 and $20,000 in the same time frame.

The records sought include handwritten deposit slips Cashman allegedly used to personally funnel money into Meanwell’s account.

“His handwriting is on those deposit slips, so there’s no way he can claim he wasn’t giving her this money,” the source said.

Meanwell’s bank records also were subpoenaed

60. sicilianlou
      February 10th, 2012 | 5:14 pm

One lasting thought here.. I hope some one declared this as income and Cashman didnt try and wrtie this off his taxes… That would be a FED crime and tax fraud… that gets you 3 to 5 years!!…

61. February 15th, 2012 | 10:02 am

BTW, am I the only one who thinks this is kind of funny?

62. sicilianlou
      February 15th, 2012 | 6:37 pm

Steve L. wrote:

BTW, am I the only one who thinks this is kind of funny?

Steve,, did you see who is a follower of the Fake Cashman?.. This person has great sense of humor…

Followchuckknoblauch Chuck Knoblauch VERIFIED Twitter of 4 time World Series Champion Chuck Knoblauch. yes, I do give out FREE autographs from time to time via Twitter!