• The Yankees Are 11-14 In Their Last 25 Games

    Posted by on May 20th, 2012 · Comments (13)

    It’s the Curse of Elliot’s Bovine Loudmouth Bimbo Ex-Wife.

    Seriously, ever since this woman was on TV, the Yankees went into the tank. Go west and get glammed up, Janice Soprano? (Then again, you can put a pig in a party dress, but, it’s still just a pig.)

    Comments on The Yankees Are 11-14 In Their Last 25 Games

    1. ken
      May 20th, 2012 | 7:37 pm

      I would love to rant about this team. It’s almost too easy. We all know the issues. But I will wait and see how the season goes. No one is running away with the division. The Yanks have as good a chance as anyone.

    2. Garcia
      May 21st, 2012 | 5:34 am

      Very boring team this year. Ever since that comeback against Boston, it has been pretty dull since.

    3. May 21st, 2012 | 7:22 am

      Say what you want about the “true Cashman built” Yankees teams, the 2002-2012 squads, but, it’s true that, no matter what their issue may be – albeit a thin bench, weak starting rotation, lack of depth in the bullpen, bad fielders, etc. – the one thing that you could always count on is that the Yankees would have enough offense to offset that problem and bat their way to somewhere around the 95 win mark.

      I’m not seeing that, to date, nearly two months into the season, in 2012.

      Jeter, Granderson, Swisher, Cano and Ibanez have been fine. But, Gardner’s been MIA. But, Martin, Tex and A-Rod need to pick it up – esp. the latter two.

      If they do not, then you have consider moving them (Tex and A-Rod) down to 6th and 7th in the line-up (assuming that you have Martin 8th and Gardner 9th). And, then, at the least, you’ll have a string of Jeter-Swisher-Granderson-Cano-Ibanez to try and have some innings where you have a chance to score two or more runs.

    4. May 21st, 2012 | 7:26 am

      Garcia wrote:

      Very boring team this year. Ever since that comeback against Boston, it has been pretty dull since.

      Interesting note. It’s sort of like the 2004 ALCS all over again. They have the huge win in Game 3 and then go into the tank for the last four games.

      And, you can say the same thing about this season. After that huge comeback game on FOX in Fenway this year, the Yankees are 12-14.

    5. May 21st, 2012 | 7:33 am

      ken wrote:

      No one is running away with the division. The Yanks have as good a chance as anyone.

      Actually, they are starting to dig a hole for themselves. They are 5 games back of first in the loss column and just one game out of last place. And, the season is now 1/4 done.

      For sure, it’s not a huge hole. And, they can come back from this one. But, they are in a hole at this point. At this moment, CoolStandings.com only gives NY a 11% chance of winning the division, FWIW.

    6. Corey Italiano
      May 21st, 2012 | 11:26 am

      Steve L. wrote:

      But, they are in a hole at this point. At this moment, CoolStandings.com only gives NY a 11% chance of winning the division, FWIW.

      Not worth much though. Plenty of baseball left and they are only 5.5 games out to the Orioles. If we completely discount the Orioles, they are 3.5 games back of Tampa. Easily surmountable.

      You’re never as bad as you are when you’re losing and you’re never as good as you are when you’re winning.

    7. MJ Recanati
      May 21st, 2012 | 12:00 pm

      Corey Italiano wrote:

      You’re never as bad as you are when you’re losing and you’re never as good as you are when you’re winning.

      Yep.

      Corey Italiano wrote:

      Not worth much though. Plenty of baseball left and they are only 5.5 games out to the Orioles. If we completely discount the Orioles, they are 3.5 games back of Tampa. Easily surmountable.

      Yep.

      Steve L. wrote:

      Actually, they are starting to dig a hole for themselves. They are 5 games back of first in the loss column and just one game out of last place. And, the season is now 1/4 done.

      Nope.

    8. ken
      May 21st, 2012 | 12:05 pm

      Interesting note. It’s sort of like the 2004 ALCS all over again.

      Ughh. Not at all. Too many differences to count. Not the least is spineless, deer-in-the-headlights pitchers in games 6 and 7. That series was over after game 5 with very different circumstances than this year.

    9. MJ Recanati
      May 21st, 2012 | 12:07 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      Jeter, Granderson, Swisher, Cano and Ibanez have been fine. But, Gardner’s been MIA. But, Martin, Tex and A-Rod need to pick it up – esp. the latter two.

      Not entirely accurate.

      Cano, RISP – .176/.310/.294, 1 HR, 10 RBI
      Rodriguez, RISP – .167/.362/.333, 2 HR, 12 RBI

      Cano has been worse than Rodriguez when batters are on base. The offense is stalling because Cano and Rodriguez, along with Teixeira, are failing at the 3-4-5 spots with men on base.

    10. May 21st, 2012 | 12:21 pm

      @ MJ Recanati:
      But, at the least, Cano is heating up.

    11. MJ Recanati
      May 21st, 2012 | 12:38 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      But, at the least, Cano is heating up.

      Cano, April: .267/.323/.389
      Cano, May: .348/.392/.580
      Cano, last 7 games (not including yesterday): .280/.379/.560

      Rodriguez, April: .244/.354/.415
      Rodriguez, May: .323/.408/.403
      Rodriguez, last 7 games (not including yesterday): .192/.276/.231

      Cano is producing more XBH in May (and certainly over the last week) but it’s somewhat misleading to suggest that Cano has been having a productive season overall. His RISP numbers have been terrible and I think we’re all responding to what stands out most recently in our minds and not the totality of the situation.

      There’s no question that Rodriguez and Teixeira have been generally unproductive in their roles this year (Teixeira far more than Rodriguez). Unfortunately for the team, Cano has been a part of the mess too.

    12. May 21st, 2012 | 1:11 pm

      FWIW, say what you want about Cano, but, I’d rather see him at the plate right now over A-Rod or Tex.

    13. MJ Recanati
      May 21st, 2012 | 1:57 pm

      Steve L. wrote:

      FWIW, say what you want about Cano, but, I’d rather see him at the plate right now over A-Rod or Tex.

      I’d rather see my dead grandma at the plate right now insead of Teixeira. Teixeira is just awful to watch at the plate right now.

    Leave a reply

    You must be logged in to post a comment.