• Chasing Elvis

Posted by on May 29th, 2012 · Comments (8)

Phil Hughes has allowed a homerun in each of his 10 games this season. Over the last 15 years, only one other pitcher allowed a homer in each of his first 10 games of a season: Kansas City’s Runelvys Hernandez allowed a home run in each of his first 12 games in 2006.

I like Phil’s chances of catching up with Running Elvis.

Comments on Chasing Elvis

1. MJ Recanati
      May 29th, 2012 | 11:39 am

Steve L wrote:

I like Phil’s chances of catching up with Running Elvis.

I actually like Phil’s chances of catching up with, and then passing, Runelvys Hernandez.

2. clintfsu813
      May 29th, 2012 | 11:59 am

As soon as I think maybe Phil has turned a corner, he does this. Le sigh.

3. May 29th, 2012 | 1:35 pm

Oh, how Phil the Phranchise has Phallen.

4. sicilianlou
      May 29th, 2012 | 7:20 pm

@ Steve L.:

I have never been a fan of Phil “No Thrill”. but looking at his stats after the past few (TONGUE IN CHEEK) quailty starts, his SIERA told you that yesterday facing the Angels he was going to get bombed. He reminds me of exactly how cashman built this team, feast on weak teams and get your face kicked in by good team.. Honestly, he a below average pitcher and why Cashman hasnt traded is one of the Greatest mysteries that even Scotland Yard will never figure out. I simply dont know what the Yankees expect him to be or vision him to be, but clearly, he belongs in the NL pitching in a bigger ball park without the pressure of winning or he is better suited to pitch one inning ever other day.

5. LMJ229
      May 29th, 2012 | 8:15 pm

Let’s face it, Phil Hughes sucks. I’m so sick of waiting for this guy to finally pay off. Now I don’t think it will ever happen, at least not with the Yankees. I’m starting to agree with MJ – put him in the pen. Move Phelps into the rotation.

6. May 29th, 2012 | 10:30 pm

Hughes…Jeremy Bleich…Andrew Brackman…Joba Chamberlain…Jeff Marquez…Jon Skaggs…Dave Walling…

All of Cashman’s 1st pick pitchers have sucked sans the one he traded away, Ian Kennedy.

May 29th, 2012 | 11:18 pm

Steve L. wrote:

You make it sound like it’s a Cashman thing… Anyone here remember Ryan Bradley, Brien Taylor and Matt Drews? Bryan Ryder, Anthony Balabon and Steve Taylor?

8. LMJ229